close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

DC fireworks

Discussion in 'Maryland/D. C. Glockers' started by RWBlue, Jun 18, 2012.

1. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    Where exactly are the fireworks launched from?

I am trying to figure out where I want to setup a camera to get some shots. I might be able to pull some strings to get setup someplace cool, but I need to be sure where they are being launched.

Thanks,

2. RWBlue

Jan 24, 2004
    The are launched for the roof of a hotel?

Not the tile pool?
    Not the reflecting pool?

3. They are launched from an area on the mall near 17th and Independence Ave NW which is near the reflecting pool.You wanted a place to put a camera right? Unless you want to be underneath the bursting rockets...

Hotel Washington has a nice view of the fireworks.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  4. RWBlue

Jan 24, 2004
    My plan may not work. What does it take to get on top of the Washington hotel?

I have done stills in the past at another location and loved the way they turned out. What I need is darkness behind the firework. I could be below the fireworks, but with the street lights....,i don't think it will work where I was thinking of going.

5. Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  6. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
    Hotel Washington used to be a GREAT place to see the fireworks!!!

My office building is near Pennsylvania Avenue (and the mall), but, the 'executives' have a "Private Party" on the roof every year, and us 'lowlife employees' don't have access.

Bastiges.:steamed: