close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dayton CCW defends himself video...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by scwine, Jun 24, 2011.

1. scwine

scwine
    Expand Collapse
    ^%(#@$^!!!!!!!

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak
    Expand Collapse
    KO Windows

:rofl:

My only question would be driving off... Did the police have to come find him, or did he drive off to a safe location and call? If it was the latter, then I don't have a problem w/ anything in the vid... the former.. eh, it's a little dicier, but he has a great video that shows basically the entire thing and that he was the victim.

The video will be his best friend

That'll be a No-Bill for sure.

Edit: According to the thread on OhioCCW, he drove a few blocks away and called police, and returned to the scene when the police arrived. I'd say he handled this absolutely perfect.

IGF

#2 IndyGunFreak, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  3. gadget_guy

gadget_guy
    Expand Collapse
    The handyman

Awesome video. I tell ya - gas stations always raise my threat level. Too many videos like this and too many strange people at them.

I would assume (and hope) good guy drove to safe location to call 911. That is for sure what I would do. Not going to sit there while drugged up people that were just hitting me are going to come after me and my gun again.

Have to admit two .45 rounds to the abdomen is something I would expect to have stopped even drugged up attacker for good. Not in this case, but it did it's job to keep good guy safe.

#3 gadget_guy, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  4. gemeinschaft

gemeinschaft
    Expand Collapse
    AKA Fluffy316

Priorities:

1. Safety
    2. Calling the Police

I would definitely bug out and call the Police while I was driving away from the scene.

I am pretty sure that most people would agree.

5. ChadSin

ChadSin
    Expand Collapse

Everytime I stop for gas by Love field in Dallas some fricken bum beggs me for money. Its so bad that I know their faces. And Im always thinking something like this is going to happen.

6. Rabbi

Rabbi
    Expand Collapse
    The Bombdiggity
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad
    2. GT Bikers
    3. The JBT's
    4. Project Mayhem

This thing got crazy. The other crap bag who didnt get shot went home and started posting on facebook all about it, and how he would get the shooter.

7. itisbruno

itisbruno
    Expand Collapse
    Devious Member
    CLM

I don't, because I come here to argue

:tongueout:

Open carry Situational awareness could have prevented this. I never let a stranger get that close to me, always keep your distance. Get away from my car, please sir, and step back while saying it.

Other than that, he did it by the book, and thank goodness for video surveillance in this case.

I agree that bugging out to a nearby safe location and calling the police was a good call, who knows how many friends accomplices he had nearby.

Glad the good guy is safe.

8. Cletus

Cletus
    Expand Collapse

I would have done the same thing if I was in his position. And no way am I gonna sit there and wait for someone else to draw a weapon. He did the right thing by pulling away and calling 911 (If that is what he did.)

9. itisbruno

itisbruno
    Expand Collapse
    Devious Member
    CLM

Really??

:rofl:

That'll make him hard to find.

Wadda smooth criminal he is.

10. gemeinschaft

gemeinschaft
    Expand Collapse
    AKA Fluffy316

Watch it! Or I will open up a can of Tuna on yo' [edited]

11. itisbruno

itisbruno
    Expand Collapse
    Devious Member
    CLM

:couch:

12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

You can find cases all over where people get shot many more times than twice with 45's, 40's, 357 Magnums, whatever and aren't instantly stopped and many times survive. Handguns are fairly ineffective, PERIOD. Has nothing to do with caliber. That's why all the 9 vs 40 vs 45 vs 357 caliber wars are so dumb. Shot placement shot placement shot placement. Then if it penetrates far enough you may have a chance at a instant or at least rapid stop. Anything else, and you won't, unless the bad person just gives up.

The bad guy did cease and desist pretty quickly though. He just didn't deceased.

#12 cowboy1964, Jun 24, 2011
  13. scwine

scwine
    Expand Collapse
    ^%(#@$^!!!!!!!

Especially if the perp is hyped up on drugs like reported.

14. cowboy1964

cowboy1964
    Expand Collapse

Depends on the exact circumstances but in this case that was probably a good call. You never know what "friends" of his could be close by.

My threat level goes up at gas stations as well, esp in worser parts of town. If you're pumping gas and get attacked a quick shot of 87 octane to the face will slow them down too.

#14 cowboy1964, Jun 24, 2011
  15. MtBaldy

MtBaldy
    Expand Collapse
    Obie Wan, RIP

Second dirt bag is immediately on the phone after the shooting and I'm betting it was to 911. I would love to hear the audio of that call. Wanna bet it went something like, "Yo, send da ambulamps. Some dude just shot my friend for no reason at all!"?

16. Rabbi

Rabbi
    Expand Collapse
    The Bombdiggity
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad
    2. GT Bikers
    3. The JBT's
    4. Project Mayhem

Why? Most people who get shot(in the US) survive. The numbers are fairly hard to pin down but from all that I have seen, if you take out head shots, you stand over an 80% chance of surviving a gunshot wound from a handgun and better than 70% chance of surviving a gunshot wound from a rifle.

With the right medical care fast enough, they can fix a lot of things. I dont want to be shot but it is a highly survivable event and when it comes to duty caliber handgun rounds, it just doesnt matter much.

#16 Rabbi, Jun 24, 2011
  17. BEER

BEER
    Expand Collapse
    bad example

i ran across a thread about this on arf which led me to the forum where the shooter posted the details.

he drove away and called 911 and explained his situation, 911 operator informed him that police had already responded to that location and shooting from another report, he immediately went back to the scene and spoke to the police. he was put in a squad car and taken away pretty quickly due to dumbass perps "distraught" family members showing up on scene.

all legal officials have pretty much told him he's good to go and not to worry about anything. after seeing the facebook threats he lawyered up anyway and has been logging it all with screencaps and links forwarded to the appropriate officials.

he was not wearing his gun at the time, it was located in the center console of his car.

give me a few minutes and i'll try to backtrack and find the forum thread on it for a link.

got it, here's the forum link. the op is the shooter.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53502#p3998394

#17 BEER, Jun 24, 2011
  18. itisbruno

itisbruno
    Expand Collapse
    Devious Member
    CLM

Thanks beer

19. The Machinist

The Machinist
    Expand Collapse
    No Compromise

The shooter posted this in the Ohio CCW forums:

Think about it, peeps!

20. BobbyT

BobbyT
    Expand Collapse

So now we get to feed, clothe, and house his attackers for a year or so until they're ready to attack again, and their victims likely won't be so lucky.

Carry pistol in the center console instead of on him could've meant a tragic ending.

Two round into one crackhead and none into the other instead of four rounds apiece could've also meant a tragic ending.

Glad he's ok and hope he learned something.