Dawsonville, GA 2013

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Roadkill_751, Jun 18, 2013.

1. ede - where are you thinking for dinner Saturday night? Would like to join.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Some Seafood place Lake Wales, FL I forget the name of it. About 8 hours down I-75.

Crazyfish is the name of it

#62 ede, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  3. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

We will have available at the Dawsonville GSSF Match T-Shirts for sale during the match.

The colors are OD green and desert tan.

This is the first year that shirts are offered for sale.

The price per shirt is $15.00

Be sure to get your very own Dawsonville GSSF shirt!!!

4. The shirts look dang good too! I might just have a couple hundred of them in boxes in my basement :supergrin:

5. I think I'll have to have a desert tan. Can hardly wait for my first event. I think my wife would like to shoot but she is still real new to shooting so she's a little intimidated, although her aim is better than mine. By Sunday she might come around.

6. The match is very beginner friendly. Just tell the RO's that this is her first match and they will be extra helpful. :supergrin: Ya'll should bring her gun and ammo just in case she changes her mind.

7. From the July 2013 Official Newsletter of River Bend Gun Club

NOTE: FRIDAY 12 NOON-ish SHOW TIME FOR RO's WHO WANT TO SHOOT EARLY.

RIVER BEND BALLISTIC CHALLENGE VI BY PHIL ALEXANDER

It is that time of the year again! Hot July muggy weather dashed with an unexpected thunderstorm, and GSSF’s annual River Bend Ballistic Challenge. On July 13th and 14th River Bend Gun Club will be hosting the annual GSSF match. Last year we drew approximate-ly 629 entries to compete at our match. Some attended as far away Idaho. We expect another large turnout for 2013.

The Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) was founded in 1991 and stages indoor and outdoor competitions throughout the United States. Competitors of all legal ages and abilities have the opportunity to compete against their peers in different categories for each model of Glock pistol. There are no requirements for fast draws, reloading, or physical movement. All GSSF matches are family oriented, with competitors ranging from beginner to expert. GSSF has a separate class for master-ranked competitors and modified (e.g. optically sighted) GLOCK pistols. There are also designated classes for adult females; male and female junior shooters; shooters challenged by physical restriction; and senior and “super senior” (+65 years old) competitors. More than 100,000 members have attended events during the past 22 years, including world champions who started their careers at GSSF matches and continue to return to compete, and introduce their families to the sport of competitive shooting.

Furthermore, GSSF matches allow GLOCK pistol owners to:
    - Show off their shooting skills.
    - Compete against other GLOCK owners in your community.
    - Receive exclusive member benefits like purchasing a GLOCK pistol at a special price.
    - Receive the services of a Glock factory Armorer at every outdoor match, to make sure your GLOCK performs at its peak, with free labor and replacement parts when needed .

GSSF organizes more than 40 outdoor and approximately 300 indoor shooting matches each year. In 2012, GSSF received more than 25,000 match entries nationwide. The only requirements are that entrants must be a member of GSSF and compete with a GLOCK pistol. All entrants have the opportunity to win cash prizes, and GLOCK pistols, in multiple categories.

That being said, Don Garmon and I have discussed on having more stages set up this year, therefore we will have most of the bays full at Cowboy Hill. We will set up the match as the staff from GSSF plans to be at the range on Friday July 12th around 10 am, so if you want to come out at 10 am please do. We hope to be finished with setup by noon, so the RO’s who want to shoot for score will be able to do so. If you still want to shoot on Saturday or Sunday that is fine, as well. We believe that this will benefit the RO’s as they are not rushed or too tired to shoot.

For those who will be arriving to RO on Saturday and Sunday morning please be at the range at 7:30 a.m. And those working the afternoon blocks please arrive at 11:30 a.m. This is so the RO registration form and liability waiver can be filled out. Also, there will be a RO briefing given to the RO’s in the morning on both Saturday and Sunday.
    Remember for each block you work, you will receive a ticket for the RO prize drawings at the end of the match!

For those at are interested the complete GSSF RO guide is available at this link: http://www.gssfonline.com/range-officer.cfm

We will be also raffling off a Glock.

We will have plenty of Gatorade and water for the event. If you wish to bring a cooler to keep with you by all means please bring it. We will also provide you with lunch if you work the entire day. We are trying to schedule multiple vendors like last year.

If you have any questions or know anyone else who wants to volunteer please let us know.

Again, thanks in advance for your time and effort in making this match another record-breaking one for River Bend Gun Club and GSSF.

Phil Alexander

#67 markerbeacon, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  8. We look foreword to driving up Fri am. Should be a great weekend.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. Have fun - no D'ville for moi.

Tell Barry that my new Gen4 G30 shoots 4" high at 10 yds - and tell him I know it isn't me because I am too good a shooter. :tongueout:

I'll have this all ironed out for Conyers and hope to see most of you there.

10. Will do. Btw he has a G19 Gen4 coming via certificate. So now he needs 9mm as well. Lol
    I am getting parts for an UL 9mm. Maybe I can try to shoot it @ conyers.
    Will raise a glass for you!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#70 emtjr928, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  11. Is that the dreaded "Reverse Flinch" I hear about from time to time??? :dunno:

12. No flinchy... I get good groups and was drilling out the center of the targets today at 10 yds with my stock G17 and that fine racer of mine. Can't really imagine what's going on, but I'm putting in a (-) connector, changing sights, loading up some of my reloads, and then I'll worry about it if things are still wierd.

13. legacy38

Millennium Member

I somehow got a mismatched set of sights once for a G17. It was the correct front but was a G21 rear. At 15 yards my shots were 6" high

14. I checked that first (after the high group). The rear's correct with short hyphen over large hyphen mark. :dunno:

15. Maybe let another, um, more EXPERIENCED shooter try it? :whistling:

:tongueout::rofl:

Scott

16. :tongueout:

17. Hello all,
    Im a noob. not to firearms, but to the GSSF. my family and I are attending our first match in Dawsonville. cant wait! my wife and both kids shoot every week and we are excited to start shooting GSSF events.

Im a bit nervous though. I just returned home from business and I missed the deadline to register. It looks like I can print the form and show up? hope so, as its a 4.5 hour drive for us.
    I also dont see the liability form needed. Am I blind?

anything special I should know before showing up? I am already prepared to be the worst and slowest shot. hahaha. all covered in that area. just wondering how the events go, and if its OK to ask a lot of questions or if its one of those things where you better not show up if you dont have it all figured out?

we are really hoping to make this a sport for the entire family. thanks for any responses.

Justin

18. Yes, ask questions. I will send you my phone number, call me, I’ve been to 3 events this year. Serving as an RO at this event.

9 AM at the event, you can register, cost is an extra $10 on top of your match event ($25 per event, per person). Make sure you tell them it’s your first GSSF event. You (and each family member Shooter) will be entered into a separate drawing for a Glock. –Good Luck!

Liability form is signed at each event, it’s not online.

Note that Dawsonville, GA is Eastern Time Zone. Weather report says 82, 30% change of Rain. Saturday morning will be busy all day. Sundays is slower, less people and shooters.

Here’s a checklist of what to bring:

1. Something to drink & eat in case there's no food truck.
    2. Sunscreen.
    3. Mosquito repellant.
    4. A chair if standing too long bothers you.
    5. Rain gear.
    6. Clean/dry shoes to drive home in if it's wet.
    7. At least 4 magazines.
    8. 150 rounds for each division you plan to shoot.
    9. A cleaning kit, just in case.
    10. A hat.
    11. Sunglasses.
    12. Eye & ear protection.
    13. Your guns.

19. Double tap! :faint:

#79 Melissa5, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  20. Hey Justin! You can register when you get there and sign the liability form.

These matches are very family friendly and are geared for new competitors. Just tell the RO's that this is your first GSSF match and they will help you all they can. Optimally, you should have 4 mags for the gun that you will be shooting. If not, you can have someone re-loading your mags while you shoot.

For your first time, spend a little time watching other competitors shoot first, be safe, and have fun. :supergrin: