close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Danield Defense V3 range report

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by boomhower, Jan 25, 2011.

1. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    I finally got a chance to get to the range. The rifle is a smartgunner build but essentially a DDM4 V3 LW. I used a FailZero BCG. This is my first AR and first rifle as well. I started off with 40 rounds of Federal XM193 and 40 rounds of PMC Bronze. The Federal definitely had more kick. Then I went through ~100 rounds of Tula. Now I understand what people are saying when they say it's underpowered, wow, I couldn't believe the difference. At the end I put one box of Remington UMC through. A little more pop than the PMC but less than the Federal. Not a single failure all day. Everything fired, ejected, and feed properly.

Since this was my first outing with a rifle it did take me a while to get it sighted in. Finally did, at least to where I was satisfied. I started at fifty yards and it was on paper out of the box but barely, low and to the right. Got that corrected and it was good to go. I was pretty impressed with the accuracy using the iron sites. I then moved to the 100 yard marker using 12" shoot-n-c targets. Yeah, that's a whole different ballgame and I certainly need some more work there and was happy to just hit the darn target. Overall I had a damn good afternoon. All shots were off my range bag. I took FailZero on there word and not a drop of lube was used. Not exactly a torture test but all went well. The one thing that surprised me was how noisy the buffer spring was, makes a racket.

I didn't even think about keeping my targets. This one is my last set from 50 yards. It's two groups of 5 with Tula.

[​IMG]

Here is a shot of the rifle

[​IMG]

2. Cool, looks good. Thanks for the report. How do you like the FZ BCG? I have a TiN bcg I need to test out.

3. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    Worked well. Not a drop of lube in the BCG and not a single malfunction. Didn't get a chance to clean it yet but I imagine it won't take more than a simple wipe down.