close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Daniel Defense

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by dotsun, Mar 10, 2012.

1. dotsun

dotsun Shark Stomper

Mar 25, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a DD upper to finish my build and was going to check out the gun show this weekend. Gunshow's being what they are I got to thinking that other then DD markings on the rail how would I know the rest of the parts are DD and not just a DD rail thrown on a crap upper? Are there any other markings that can keep me from being a dupe?

2. D.S.Brown

D.S.Brown Millennium Member

Dec 24, 1999
    North Texas
    On the left hand side of the upper in the upper left hand corner you should see Daniel Defense etched in their logo stye.

Best,

Dave

3. dotsun

dotsun Shark Stomper

Mar 25, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks, that's something I haven't really noticed in the pics on their website.

4. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

Feb 6, 2007
    S.E.Florida
    Aim had some for sale a while back at a good price. Give them a call....

5. dotsun

dotsun Shark Stomper

Mar 25, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    They're showing sold out. :( If I strike out this weekend I'll keep an eye on them as that's the best price I've seen on the v5 lw.

6. rem2429

rem2429

Nov 26, 2004
    Llano, TX
    at least some of their bolt carriers also have it etched where it shows in the ejection port.
    The forge mark on the upper should be a big D.

I got mine from Smart Gunner, but waited a while. I would buy from them again, but only after I called and made sure it was IN STOCK.

They are good people, but their business model puts them at the mercy of DD.

7. dotsun

dotsun Shark Stomper

Mar 25, 2007
    Knoxville, TN
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012