close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Daniel Defense Omega 7.0 Help

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by ArmaGlock, May 8, 2011.

1. ArmaGlock

ArmaGlock
    Expand Collapse
    Glock Armorer

I had a DD Omega 7.0 a few years back, but changed to a DD 12.0 FSP. I'm ordering one for an SBR build and was curious about the handguard cap and its interference with sliding a mount on the side rails.

Doesn't the handguard cap get in the way of sliding a light mount on that isn't two piece? I know some people have said that they can slide a rail cover past it with a little work, but I'm thinking a mount might be worse.

Anyone been able to come up with a solution without completely removing the cap? Pictures if you have them. I'll be putting a Gear Sector light mount on it.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 ArmaGlock, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  2. bullittmcqueen

bullittmcqueen
    Expand Collapse
    Gunfighter

I removed the hand guard cap with my omega 9.0. It serves no purpose. ( I also switched to a lo-pro gas block.

[​IMG]

#2 bullittmcqueen, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  3. ArmaGlock

ArmaGlock
    Expand Collapse
    Glock Armorer

Yeah I'm sticking with the standard FSB, part of the reason I went with a 7 inch rail and not a longer one.

My only concern with removing the handguard cap was the gap it leaves between the rail and the FSB that exposes the gas tube. That's kind of what I wanted to see a picture of if anyone can help.

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

Can't share a photo, but the handguard cap WILL get in the way in some cases. I had to switch from a Danger Close mount to VTAC because of it.

5. ArmaGlock

ArmaGlock
    Expand Collapse
    Glock Armorer

Thanks for the info. While I think it's a good mount, I don't want to go back to a VTAC, too damn bulky. I like the low profile design of the mount I'm using now, similar to that of the Danger Close. Gonna figure something out with that handguard cap.

6. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

I haven't seen an example of the Omega with handguard cap removed, but I can't imagine the gap would be very large. I would just get the cap removed and leave it be.

Edit: The DC mount did work on the side rails, even with the handguard cap, it just could be a PITA to get it on and off. It usually entailed pulling all the rail covers off, and removing the light from the mount first, then took a fair amount of wiggling to get it off the rail and past the cap. Workable, just annoying.

#6 WoodenPlank, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  7. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if this is what you mean, but I had the problem of the triangular shaped handguard cap on my middy not allowing me to slide my X300 on and off the side rail of an Omega 9.0. I just carefully cut a piece away from the cap with a dremmel, filed the sharp edges, and hit the exposed steel with birchwood casey alumablack. It just seemed easier than removing the entire cap.

[​IMG]

8. ArmaGlock

ArmaGlock
    Expand Collapse
    Glock Armorer

Thanks WoodenPlank. Exactly what I was looking for captain. Thanks guys.