close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Daniel defence rail help

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by themighty9mm, Oct 23, 2011.

1. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    So I now have 2 colt 6920's. I'm wanting 1 of 2 rails. Either the daniel defence lite fsp 12 inch or the daniel defence ris 2 12 inch fsp. They appear slightly dimensionally diferent. After many hours looking the only other difference I can find is with the ris 2 the bottom rail comes of for mounting a m203. While I wont be getting a m203 it would be nice for cleaning purposes. So does anyone have any info? Preferences? Pics of either of these specific rail? Anything I missed?

I know the omega x is slightly cheaper and while I have seen the DD torture vid I'm just not real thriller with the idea of set screws so its hardly an option for me.

2. Singlestack Wonder

Singlestack Wonder

Nov 15, 2003
    Ohio
    I have all three. I prefer the RIS II and Omega-X 12FSP rails due to the ease of access to the barrel for cleaning. The RIS II and Omega-X each have some appealing characteristics. The RIS II 12 FSP is heavier and a little wider than the the Lite or Omega-X. Also, the cutout in the botton for the bayonet lug will not accept common ladder rail covers as the rail is too close to the barrel. Only a Magpul XTR or Tango Down Rail cover will work (There may be others). The rifle length RIS II will accept standard ladder rail covers.

In regards to the Omega-X, do not worry about the attachement method. It was cleaverly engineered to take advantage of mechanical leverage. I have two rifles with Omega-X rails and after several years, have not had any incidents of screws coming loose or other problems.

On another note, Midway has the Omega-X 12FSP rails on sale for $199.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/944140/daniel-defense-omega-x-120-fsp-free-float-tube-handguard-quad-rail-ar-15-extended-carbine-length-aluminum-black

3. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    On the ris 2 would I be able to mount a vertical grip under the bayonet lug? Or just before it? I keep wanting to place my hand right there and wrap my tumb right behind the front sight.

4. BBJones

BBJones

Mar 2, 2010
    All 3 rails you listed are great. However, I prefer the Centurion C4 to all of them.

5. themighty9mm

themighty9mm

Sep 19, 2008
    MO
    I saw those. Only problem is this will be for a HD/SHTF/drills carbine. The c4 is lighter and appears more user friendly to install and places my hand where I want it, while still retaining the stronger front sight, but with the c4 no real options for a light near where my hand will be placed