close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dangerous booby traps found on popular Utah trail

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Dexters, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Raiden

Raiden C&R Fun!

These days, you have to be alert everywhere. Just a few years back, a client of mine had me find and remove some traps aimed at injuring horses and riders, along a reasonably popular bridle path. The worst was a steel cable strung across the trail that could have, under the right circumstance, killed a rider.

As well, any time I'm on and off the trails, I'm wary of trouble as they've been finding evidence of meth labs all over the area. In other regions, covert pot farms have been found with some degree of deterrents or defenses (including traps and even armed guards).

2. quake

quake Millennium Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arkansas, USA
    Likely not. While appearances can be deceiving, they look more like tweekers and wannabe Columbine-ers than preppers.
    [​IMG]

3. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
    I think you are correct. Utah can be a strange place.

I posted the story more as a 'be careful out there'.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  4. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Some wooded areas where I live house meth labs. So I make sure I'm armed when I'm out hiking..Ya never know.

5. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    Maine
    I have never understood the idiots that put large things in their ears...

Now that he is in jail and forced to take the earrings out... his ears look like handles, and that is NOT the look to have in jail.:upeyes:

6. Someone's been watching too much First Blood...