close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dang you guys and your VZ Grips.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by TN.Frank, Apr 23, 2012.

1. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Being on a tight budget and not liking the stock grips on my ATI I went a head and got a set of the DD's from CDNN for $20 bucks. They're nice grips, look good and all but dang, some of the pics ya'll post with your VZ Grips look so killer that now I've got it into my head that I need to get a pair for my gun. There's are the ones I'd really love to have:
    http://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/1911-pistol-grips-1/elite-tactical-carry-2/etc-black-cherry-g10
    Add in the Thumb/Mag cut($4 bucks) and a set of O-Rings($2 bucks) and I'm looking at $71 bucks for grips plus shipping.
    I'd really like to address a few other thing with my gun first like changing out some of the MIM parts for higher quality billet stuff but dang it, those grips are just calling to me. :shocked:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Today VZ grips,........next year a Wilson Combat 1911! :tongueout:

3. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
  4. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Typical Bud's sales tactics.........advertise an item, that is not in stock.

5. FLAWLS1

FLAWLS1

Jan 17, 2011
    I just bought 2 new sets of VZ grips today. Now I have 3 sets... DOH

6. fendertele87

fendertele87

Apr 7, 2011
  7. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I just thought about this,........'Frank INCREASED the value of
    his ATI by 17.7% with the VZ grips! One step closer to a "big money" 1911! :rofl:

8. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    I've not gotten em' yet.LOL Also, what's with the new avatar, you watch "Watchmen" last night or something,LOL. :supergrin:

9. faawrenchbndr

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy

Nope,........just one pic of several I rotate through.
    Was just in the mood for a Smiley face with blood! :whistling:

10. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

Feb 9, 2005
    Crappy pic, but I just had a cell phone at hand. VZ Operators II in Tiger Stripe.

VZ grips are the best around, IMO. Some of the patterns look almost as good as nice wood, and they're virtually indestructable. Also, I gave up on O-rings a long time ago. I use Vibra Tite now, and it's fantastic. It's basically a threadlocker that you put on the screws, let it dry, and then screw in, so it won't run all over the place. Various 1911 grip manufacturers put it on their grip screw threads.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  11. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    I also like this colors too.
    http://vzgrips.com/gun-grips/1911-pistol-grips-1/elite-tactical-carry-2/etc-dirty-olive-g10

But I'm pretty much sold on the ETC pattern although I did see an ETC Frag pattern that looks pretty cool as well.
    Loctite has also come out with a new tape that looks like Teflon Tape but it's actually thread lock. A person could cut that into smaller strips and wrap it around the grip screws and it'd probably work pretty well.
    I'm also planning on picking up a set of Cylinder & Slide Stainless bushings and Grip Screws with standard flat blade screwdriver slots. I really don't care for the Allen head Grip Screws that I have now. Way too easy to strip out if you don't get the wrench down into em' all the way.
    I'd also like to get a barrell/bushing/link and pin set up to convert this gun to 400 Corbon. It'd be perfect to convert all my small primer 45acp brass to 400 Corbon.
    So many things I want to do, so little money. Story of my life. That's why I've always had to make due with less expensive stuff and just fix it up as I could.

12. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    VZ makes darn fine stuff but I have kinda gone full circle and prefer wood grips now. Tried all the types, VZ, Aluma Grips, those "golfball" type, CT Laser, stag, ivory, rubber and while they were great quality I just prefer the look and feel of wood grips. Might be different next week though as things tend to change in my mind about 1911s quickly :supergrin:

13. FLAWLS1

FLAWLS1

Jan 17, 2011
    I just got these back from VZ yesterday. I had them bevel the bottoms. The 2 that I ordered are Operator II's in Black Desert Sand & the Black/Gray ones. I'm having VZ bevel the bottoms of those too. They said the grips should be here by Friday.

EDIT: Looks like you can't post pics here from flickr.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  14. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
  15. fendertele87

fendertele87

Apr 7, 2011
    Totally agree.

16. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  17. I like my VZ grips, but theres is something about wood grips that give you that classic look.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine