close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dan Wesson RZ-10: Need Educating

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Kwesi, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Kwesi

Kwesi
    Expand Collapse

Please educate me on the quality and value. My only 1911's are a Colt Delta Elite 10 and EAA Witness Limited 10. I've been offered a used RZ10 that looks to be stainless steel with grooved black rubber grips. Owner states 200 rounds fired and pics show it to be in very nice condition. Asking $900 with two mags. While I don't need another 10mm I have read good comments about these guns & always interested in a "good deal". Please advise

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. dsb1829

dsb1829
    Expand Collapse

Dan Wesson makes a very nice 1911. We have had one of the 10mm on the local arms list. It started at $1100 and is now down to $950. IMO $900 is probably what the market will bear.

3. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin
    Expand Collapse

If it's a firearm you want, and, know how to look it over to make sure it hasn't been misrepresented, I would think that would be a nice 10MM to add to your stable. Although I've never owned a Dan Wesson, I know a couple that have, and, read all I can about them. Nothing, but high praise, have I heard! That being said, other then the Delta, I know of no other 1911, in 10MM, that can be had for under a grand. I have a Kimber, and I wouldn't trade it for a Delta. If I had a DW, it too, would not be traded, for the Colt. Lastly, how much are the DW's new? Best I can figure, much more than $900!

4. nickE10mm

nickE10mm
    Expand Collapse
    F.S.F.O.S.

Kwesi,

I had a DW Razorback (2006 model IIRC) and found it to be an extremely fine firearm. I loved my RZ. The only ... and I mean ONLY ... reason I sold it is to fund a custom Fusion Longslide 6" 10mm... otherwise, I'd still own it. It was deadly accurate (got my first 10mm deer with it), very reliable and handled full power 10mm like a champ. I highly recommend them.

I bought a scratch and dent RZ for $825 plus FFL/Shipping and that was when they were cheap. I'd say 900 is fair price from what you know about it.

Go for it!

5. Kwesi

Kwesi
    Expand Collapse

Don't know when it was built but it does have serrations at the front and rear of the slide. The photo that I found of the newer productions only near the hammer end. Does this add'l info have any bearing on your opinions?

6. Kwesi

Kwesi
    Expand Collapse

Update: might be a scammer. I asked the seller if the three pics he sent were actual photo's. He replied "of course". I replied really, then why is the exact pic of photo #3 listed on the internet as images?

7. Morley Menthols

Morley Menthols
    Expand Collapse

I purchased a new RZ-10 once. I'll never do that again! I suppose you would like to have some reasons why. Well, it would not feed any brand of 10mm ammo that I had into the chamber. If I hand fed one into the chamber and then fired it would not eject. All it ever did was give me high blood pressure. No, $900 is too much. $9 is too much! Just my $1000 opinion. Maybe you should consider other 10mm pistols.

8. nickE10mm

nickE10mm
    Expand Collapse
    F.S.F.O.S.

Front cocking serrations generally means it's an older RZ. The older ones were mostly hand-made but the newer ones were made on CZ's new machines. The old ones had forged slides and frames but honestly it's a toss up which ones are nicer. They are all VERY nice. TOP NOTCH customer service, as well.