close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dan Wesson PM7...Opinions?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by JMFWSU, Nov 26, 2010.

1. JMFWSU

JMFWSU

Oct 2, 2002
    WA
    Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the Dan Wesson Pointman Seven in 10mm? There is a used one for sale locally. Are there better options (doesn't have to be 10mm) in the same price range.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    I had a PM-7 and sold it. Still, it is a very nice gun. I just ditched the 10mm platform in all my guns. Now I am thinking of buying another one. The Dan Wesson 1911's tend to be very good production guns. I prefer Colt, but the Dan Wessons are definitely in the same league. You even tend to get a bit more for your money...or at least you did. I have noticed prices sneaking up a bit on them as their popularity grows.

3. JMFWSU

JMFWSU

Oct 2, 2002
    WA
    Thanks for the responses so far. How would they compare to the STI Trojan. I have also been considering this model.

4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    I am afraid I have zero experience with the STI guns. I would like to possibly own one someday.

5. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    both are good guns, pick the one you like better.

6. JMFWSU

JMFWSU

Oct 2, 2002
    WA
    I'm new to 1911's. Is there anything specific I should look for if I check this one out? Did Dan Wesson have any bad years?

Thanks again,
    Jason

7. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin

Jul 19, 2008
    Check for barrel lock up, slide fit, signs of abuse, look inside the slide for hot spots or burrs, etc.

8. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I like the Trojan better, but they aren't available in 10mm.