close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dan Wesson buy now or wait?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Nubbins, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Nubbins

Nubbins

Dec 1, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
  2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    up to you.
    they are going from Ed Brown parts to their own, if that makes a difference.

3. Rimcrew

Rimcrew

Mar 17, 2009
    AZ
    For a Valor, I would get it now. The biggest change for 2010 is that all models will now have forged frames - something the Valor has had all along. There are other nice changes, but I'm not sure there is a dollar-for-dollar improvement in the gun over the 2009 model.

4. triggerjerk

triggerjerk

Dec 19, 2000
  5. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    upgrade over Ed Brown?

6. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    oops, my bad...i thought the internals were EB as well.

this is the pre-2010's
    http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_handguns/HG_danwesson_200905/

7. Nubbins

Nubbins

Dec 1, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    I had been looking to buy a Valor last year but I had some health issues I had to deal with, now things are better and started to look again and wasn't sure if I needed to hurry to buy one before the new models came out. I have decided to get the 2010 model for no other reason than it seams to be as good if not better so no hurry to buy the one I was looking at now.
    Thank for your help in this post and other posts on this forurm.

Kirk

8. arokcrwlr

arokcrwlr

May 13, 2007
    GA, USA
    I would wait. You'll pay a few $100 more, but you will get a better overall weapon - better fire control parts, thumb safety, finish, rear sight, higher front strap checkering....

I have a 2009 Valor and plan on getting a 2010 model as well. Of course, I will wait until there are few out there to hear the reviews, but I'm pretty confident that the reviews will be very positive.