close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dan Wesson 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by alecat88, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Rinspeed

Rinspeed
    Expand Collapse
    JAFO

Me too and I MUCH prefer hard fit carbon Kart barrels over drop in 416 SS barrels.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

3. G schütze

G schütze
    Expand Collapse

The guy that did the comparison is a well respected gunsmith that happens to sell BOTH lines of guns. So there is no bias between DW and Baer on his part.

Too bad you can't do extensive testing because your Kimber won't make it 300-400 rounds without a malfunction! :rofl:

4. sns3guppy

sns3guppy
    Expand Collapse

My Kimber CDP Pro Compact hasn't had any problems. Perhaps I've just been lucky.

I've been quite happy with my Dan Wessons. I haven't run them through comparisons, but they factory triggers have been excellent. I have a Heritage that was one of their lower-end models, but which is absolutely (but not too) tight. The slide really feels nice; very smooth, very different than some of my other 1911's. For a low-end production pistol, it's quite good.

5. DaveFJ80

DaveFJ80
    Expand Collapse
    Señor Member

I've been looking into getting a current Valor in black, but they're expensive ($1900-ish for CA SSE prices). I considered a Les Baer, but what really turned me off was the finish on them and how they wore rather quickly, from what I've personally seen.... it's a peeve of mine to have a durable black finish that won't wear fast.

However, for a few hundred bucks more I'm currently now considering an EB Special Forces, or even comparable to that a LB SRP. While I like the fit & finish of the Valor, I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend a little bit more on the EB SF or LB SRP.

6. Paul7

Paul7
    Expand Collapse
    New Guy

I got my SS Valor for $1,350 shipped.

7. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR
    Expand Collapse

Mine was right at 1,300.

8. MD357

MD357
    Expand Collapse

I've seen Nowlin Barrels do less than 1" groups @ 50 yds all day long. Nobody could shoot this so I don't think makes a bit of difference as far as accuracy goes. I will say that Karts are generally less expensive but that doesn't matter in this comparison. To me, how could you go wrong with either?