close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Dan Wesson 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by alecat88, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY

Me too and I MUCH prefer hard fit carbon Kart barrels over drop in 416 SS barrels.

2. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden

3. G schütze

G schütze

Nov 22, 2011

The guy that did the comparison is a well respected gunsmith that happens to sell BOTH lines of guns. So there is no bias between DW and Baer on his part.

Too bad you can't do extensive testing because your Kimber won't make it 300-400 rounds without a malfunction! :rofl:

4. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

Sep 4, 2006
    My Kimber CDP Pro Compact hasn't had any problems. Perhaps I've just been lucky.

I've been quite happy with my Dan Wessons. I haven't run them through comparisons, but they factory triggers have been excellent. I have a Heritage that was one of their lower-end models, but which is absolutely (but not too) tight. The slide really feels nice; very smooth, very different than some of my other 1911's. For a low-end production pistol, it's quite good.

5. DaveFJ80

DaveFJ80 Señor Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I've been looking into getting a current Valor in black, but they're expensive ($1900-ish for CA SSE prices). I considered a Les Baer, but what really turned me off was the finish on them and how they wore rather quickly, from what I've personally seen.... it's a peeve of mine to have a durable black finish that won't wear fast.

However, for a few hundred bucks more I'm currently now considering an EB Special Forces, or even comparable to that a LB SRP. While I like the fit & finish of the Valor, I'm wondering if it's worth it to spend a little bit more on the EB SF or LB SRP.

6. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    I got my SS Valor for $1,350 shipped.

7. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    I've seen Nowlin Barrels do less than 1" groups @ 50 yds all day long. Nobody could shoot this so I don't think makes a bit of difference as far as accuracy goes. I will say that Karts are generally less expensive but that doesn't matter in this comparison. To me, how could you go wrong with either?