Damn, I got a good one.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by RGbiker, Mar 10, 2013.

1. ..a Kimber Solo CDP (LG). Pricy little bugger - $1,150+tax.

Took it home, stripped it down for a thorough clean and polish (recoil spring aluminum housing was binding the large spring), then light lube on rails/frame/barrel contact areas with Slide Glide Medium.

Off to the indoor pistol range Sunday afternoon with a mix bag of Miwall FMJ reloads and defensive JHP ammo.

First round down the pipe, the magazine dropped loose and first empty round hung in the chamber.

Oh Schitt!! Here we go.

Cleared the misfeed, pushed the magazine back in and fired off over 150 rounds without another incident.

At 21' it's accurate with a nice smooth trigger pull. I didn't use the Lazar gizmo.

Think I'll keep it.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 RGbiker, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Damned if you do or don't in Seattle Cop Talk Today at 1:16 AM
    Louis Farrakhan : “They Don’t Give a Damn About Them 9″ The Okie Corral Jun 24, 2015
    Damn I'm good...Facebook removed anti-cop 'Page'. Cop Talk Jun 8, 2015
    Ill be damned, its real... Uncategorized Oct 16, 2008
    Check your damned "notifications", boys and girls. Uncategorized Sep 27, 2008

3. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Could be that you just didn't have the magazine seated with that first shot.

If something were really wrong, you probably wouldn't have gotten off the next 150 without further incident.

Give it a few more before you bet your life that it'll work.......but sounds like it will be fine.

ooc

#2 hogship, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  4. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's what I was thinking.

If it were me (and you're not me), I would want, say, a couple hundred more rounds with at least 100 of those the defensive JHP you have chosen

5. I got the extended 8round mag some time back and like it

6. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Come on,......no pics?

7. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Congrats on the Solo!

8. Very interesting pistol. I hope it continues to function well from this point on and that you enjoy it.

9. I'm saddened that the price has gone up so much on the Solo. I ordered one of the first ones in 2011 and paid $725. I haven't seen them very often in the stores since then. My LGS had one in last week for $1175.

Mine had no issues until about 500 rounds. I sent it back to Kimber, they fixed it. I then sold it. I really liked the gun, but I felt like a beta tester, along with the many other owners that were having issues.

I loved the look, feel, and way it shot. I thought that I would buy another one when they worked out the bugs and the price came back down. Doesn't look like the price will be coming back down.

10. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues
    Silver Member

My take too ... :thumbsup:

11. Congrats! I owned an early version of the Solo, and traded it off a little while later. Nothing wrong with it, I was just going broke using the recommended ammo (124/147 gr. carry/duty ammo) to break it in. I really liked it a lot, and was a bit sad when I traded it off. I should have kept mine.

Anyway, I got a call a little while back from an LE shop that the Kimber Solo STS I ordered back in June 2011 finally arrived, and that I could come and pick it up now. Pretty excited to have one back in the stable again, and this time I won't let it go like I did the last one.

Regarding the pricing (maxpower220) mine ran just above $650+tax, but is the all-stainless (STS) non-laser model. I had the two-tone model previously.

12. Congrats on that pistol! I am a pocket pistol junkie. I haven't bought a Solo yet, but if I found one right I might give it a chance. That is a little expensive for me, but at least you got the top of the line model for that much.

13. From the Solo site page..... This one:

http://www.kimberamerica.com/solo/solo-carry/solo-cdp

EDIT: dealer today told me their first dozen or so shipments of Solo they received had to be returned to Kimber for factory fixes.

I guess the recent productions are trouble free.

#13 RGbiker, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  14. I have the same one, the CDP with laser. Like you, I like it and it runs just fine.

Kevin

15. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Glad you like it.
    I got my Solo 2 days ago: $845 including all taxes.

I have run (none are +P):
    124gr Gold Dots
    124gr NATO FMJ
    147gr Silvertips
    147gr subsonic JHP (Federal special issue stuff, allegedly for SEAL teams)
    147gr subsonic American Eagle FMJ - the cheap stuff

All with absolutely no issue.

My only problem with the Solo is the lack of spare magazines.
    It is smaller than my j-frame and gives me 2 more shots.

Life is good.

[​IMG]

#15 DustyJacket, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  16. Just won a bi-tone for $705 last week on Gunbroker for the wife & picked it up yesterday. hope to get to the range this weekend & break it in. Stripped it down, cleaned, lubed & reassembled lat night. Have to pick up box of recommended ammo for break in now. Anybody know where I can buy extra 6 or 8 round mags without paying $80 - $120 each?

17. Congrats!

I ordered extra magazines directly from Kimber... $20-something each.

18. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Congrats on your Solo.

19. Very cool, but man $1150 is expensive!