close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

DA and SA

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by IMnewtoguns, May 19, 2005.

1. IMnewtoguns

IMnewtoguns

May 18, 2005
    Hi everybody I'm new to firearms but I really want to learn as much as I can. If someone could tell me how a Double Action pistol works comparied to Single Action it would clear up a whole lot thanks.

Newbee

2. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    *crickets*

Okay, so most of us are out playing wage slave...here's three helpful hints:

A single action pistol (or revolver) needs its hammer cocked, via your thumb, for each shot, or to get the party rolling with a SA pistol the first shot must be fired with the hammer pulled back by thumb power.

A DA pistol (or revolver) allows for the trigger to do the cocking. A DAO pistol/revo is similar but there is no SA sear...the hammer must be cocked by the trigger for each shot. Thus, when you are done shooting, the hammer is down and any drop/FP safeties are engaged.

Thirdly, this is Tech Talk--here we discuss PC's and the like. Pistols and revolvers are "Over There".

;f ;z ;a ;z ;f

3. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

Wrong group ... this group is for computers,

A single action firearm has to be cocked each time before it can be fired. A double action firearm can be fired over and over again in rapid succession as quickly as the trigger is pulled.

4. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
  5. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

When I started my reply your response hadn’t yet posted, I must have clicked the "Post Reply" and started typing mine right before yours showed up ... ;a

6. lomfs24

lomfs24

Apr 19, 2003
    Montana
    Check the post times. Does it really take you 7 mins to type three lines?

Just joking with ya. ;f

7. The first time I heard "snap",when two people said the same thing at the same time,was in South Africa.I've never heard that expression here in America before.

8. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    Well, that's what happened here, isn't it?

And besides, that brown sound, shore do get around!! ;z ;g ;z