close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CZ75, why so inexpensive?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Tim151515, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Feb 6, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I have been just wondering this for a while now, figured I would ask the experts. Around here, when theyre in stock, they normally go for around 500. My dad has a beretta, and they seem to me to be very similar, if not identical, build quality and reliability/accuracy. And the beretta around here goes for about 100 dollars(if not more, usually around 620 or so) more money for NIB. I was just wondering why CZ is able and willing to sell them for so much mroe less than the Western European equivalent? I am not complaining, but it just has always made me wonder.

2. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Feb 6, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    :embarassed: I know I know...I should have known better. I remember that one time CZUSA posted a link to a cz75 thread on their facebook..so I know eyes are watching...but damn...I mean I know its no Sig...but everytime I see the price of my favorite gun...Im like WOW.

3. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    European labor costs.

The basic manufacturing costs have been amortized by military contracts.

They don't show up in as many movies and TV shows as more expensive guns.

The expensive "penalty tax" levied on those who spill the beans about them..

4. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Feb 6, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    haha! point taken. What I meant to say was damn those things are overpriced :whistling: I am really liking the p7 duty...dont wana screw myself over ;)

5. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

Jan 23, 2010
    Who knows?
    :rofl:

I don't think anyone here can give an answer they're completely comfortable with.

Could be labor cost in the Czech Republic and surrounding areas. Could be they're doing there best to compete for the US market. Since CZ isn't widely known or thought of in the USA, compared to other makers. Could be because the basic CZ75 and similar models are the most copied handgun pattern in the world (minus the USA).

6. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    I think it's because cz had the right marketing people. CZ knew that they did not have a huge reputation in the states so if the price was took high consumers would buy a 92FS, Sig , Browning Hi-Power, etc and they had to compete against their clones from EAA , Witness, tangfoglio, Turkish pistols , etc

So they found a price that was only a little more than a cz clone and less expensive than other famous brands but backed up with a great warrantee and parts,mags,etc

For the average consumer it's a no brainer, unless you wanted a cz in 10mm or a .45 in a CZ 75 frame there is almost no reason to buy a clone and you would have to pay more to find a steel 9mm/.40

7. Not sure about why the cost is so low, but all I know is that I paid $365 for my BNIB CZ P07. By far the best deal I ever made. I'm already preparing for my next CZ purchase.

8. Stop it. It's already 50% higher than what it was 4 years ago.

9. Sheepdog Scout

Jan 23, 2010
    Who knows?
    They make the 97b and bd is .45.

Though the 97 is just slightly heavier, longer and higher. But the width is within .002 of each other.

10. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    Still, doesn't have the look of a 75

11. Sheepdog Scout

Jan 23, 2010
    Who knows?
    True. It doesn't have the classic look. But with all the variants like the PO1 series. It fits right in to me.:cool:

12. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    They have gone up somewhat.

13. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    CZ's are great guns and CZ has to do something on the marketing to make them better known.
    From the price I think they are just right.

14. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

Dec 22, 2002
    Somewhere in Oregon
    Lots of highly finished internal machining that you'll see on a SIG or a Beretta is simply not done on most of the CZ models. Instead, all of that roughness is hidden under a black polycoat.

Also, and maybe it's only my impression, but the example to example similarity of things like triggers on CZ pistols are highly variable.

Don't get me wrong, they are great pistols, but shortcuts to make their price point are made. TANSTAAFL.

15. A quick Google search and the Czech republic does have lower labour costs compared to most eastern European nations.
    I agree with Boats point on quality control. Many here posted how great the trigger is on their 75B while mine was horrible new. Read some on the CZ forum and the Czech's appear to get the good out of every cutting tool before it's changed. While the external finnish on my stainless 75B is very nice (can't hide it with polycoat) some of the internal parts look like they were chewed on by small animals. My Beretta's are much nicer finnished, especially inside. Still though, with a little owner involvment it's one of those timeless designs that was done right the first time. Shoot a 75B and you'll want one.

16. bullseye717

bullseye717

Jan 31, 2011
    Because the Czechs are kind benevolent people with great beer, beautiful women, and cheap wonderful guns.

17. I much prefer the CZ to the Beretta. They are actually slowly going up in price.

18. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

May 4, 2007
    Smallville
    As usual, I have to agree with Boats. Dont get me wrong, I'm very fond of my CZ75 but when compared to others, the shortcuts in the final finishing process become evident. That said, those shortcuts in no way, compromise the performance of this excellent design. Still prefer the Beretta though.:supergrin: