close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

cz75 by norinco or tanfolgio by armscor?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by TTPower, Jul 14, 2007.

1. TTPower

TTPower

Aug 2, 2006
    philippines
    hi BOGS, i'm planning to get a 9mm for production division. which is better, cz75 clone by norinco or tanfolgio by armscor? :)
    the norinco is only 14k but extra mags are not yet available. the tangolgio by armscor is around 22k and all the parts are imported from italy. :) which would u prefer and why? On the down side, they both only have 15rnds? Isnt dat a handicap compared to glock17's 17 rounds?

2. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    IN terms of workmanship, Tanfoglio is the better choice. Nothing bad with the Norinco Cz75 clone but you'd rather get the real Cz75. If the time comes that you get tired of your Cz, the resale value is still high. In the case of the Norinco clone, no one will buy you at the price near your acquisition cost. The Norinco also needs a lot of polishing thus ending up with additional expense.

3. "On the down side, they both only have 15rnds? Isnt dat a handicap compared to glock17's 17 rounds?"

In a practical sense, the 2 round difference means very little. Fifteen is a lot already.

But if magazine capacity is a major consideration for you - you must have a lot of rough neighbors - get the Glock and buy the 30-round (or is it 32?) long magazine.

4. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    Maybe he's thinking games (IPSC, IDPA, etc...)

But to echo ante: 15 rounds is plenty.
    I've only ever had to shoot in self defense once.
    Three shots, and the last two were, I guess, pretty unnecessary.
    Don't really care to say more than that about the incident.

I don't feel underequipped with just 7 in the mag and one in the pipe.
    But that's just me. You can always get extra mags, neh? :)

5. TTPower

TTPower

Aug 2, 2006
    philippines
    ante, horge is right :) i'm planning to use it mainly for ipsc production division :) hehehehehe but thanks for the reply :thumbsup:

6. TTPower

TTPower

Aug 2, 2006
    philippines

good point Valor1 :) thanks

7. Pepe308

Pepe308 Noypi

Oct 20, 2005
    Southeast Asia
    Norinco CZ clone isn't bad at all, you just need to practice with it. The sandy feeling when racking the slide goes away after shooting hundreds of rounds and it doesn't affect reliability NIB. CZ and Jericho mags fit. You're good to go with a triggerjob which I believe everyone does.

8. Poodle

Poodle

Jul 4, 2006
    Tried the Armscor Tanfoglio 9 mm. Yung all metal na 2ng gen. Ok naman siya. Very accurate. Haven't tried the Norinco CZ clone. Very attractive ang price at 14T ng Norinco.

9. Capt.Barbel

Capt.Barbel Humanda sila!

Mar 16, 2006
    barbel ni enteng
    ttpower, im using the armscor tanfoglio AP9 all steel. yung stock mag nya is 17 rounds na.:thumbsup:

10. TTPower

TTPower

Aug 2, 2006
    philippines
    yup 14K for a CZ clone is really tempting :drool: thats why hirap mag decide! mas mura pa sa cellphone! hahahaha

11. ahtsay

ahtsay

Jan 16, 2006
    ttpower, mag standard ka nalang :supergrin: Mas exciting kasi madami tayo.

12. TTPower

TTPower

Aug 2, 2006
    philippines
    kaya nga ayaw ko pumunta sa gunshow e! everytime na lang may gusto ka bilhin kahit di mo kelangan :supergrin: sobrang tempting yung norinco 14k lng.... wala kasi ako for production :) (palusot para bumili hahahahahaha )

13. +1. Although may reputasyon na ang Tanfoglio as competition gun and maraming shooter gumagamit nito (like world champion Eric Grauffel)dahil maganda rin ang quality (out of the box) made in Italy pa! Norinco pang harabas and you'll spend time polishing and fine tuning the rough parts (but it will work also). Quality lang talaga ng steel ang angat sa Norinco. :)

14. TTPower

TTPower

Aug 2, 2006
    philippines
    hhhmmmmm.... malapit na ko ma-convince to get the tanfolgio :supergrin: keep the feedbacks coming hehehehehe

15. Here's another reason. Feel the grips of the Tanfoglio and the Glock.

The Tan's grip feels good. The Glock grip feels not nearly as comfortable.Not nearly.

16. TTPower

TTPower

Aug 2, 2006
    philippines

yup i find the rubber grips of the tanfoglio comfortable compared to the plastic grips of the norinco. same reason why i have a hogue handall grip on my glock :)

17. May pang-IPSC production ka na pala e. Mas maigi kung 1911 STD division ka na nga laang (pampagulo... hehehe) :supergrin:

18. TTPower

TTPower

Aug 2, 2006
    philippines
    may 1911 hi-cap na ko for standard :) production wala pa. glock23 yung glock e lugi if i use it for production hehehehe

19. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    they are both of the same design

quality ng finish hindi importante , kasi dadalin mo rin yan sa gunsmith para itono

what you shoul;d look at is yung tibay ng baril
    It's gonna be shot a lot, dryfired , speed reloaded , dropped,drawn etc

I'm a little disapointed w/ the current CZ
    It's a great pistol pero my friends guns are giving probems
    Mine doesnt kahit bugbug na, pero it was an issue gun sa Team CZ /PB nun so I dont know kung iba quality nya

If I were to buy a production gun now , di ko rin alam kung an pipiliin ko hehe
    Probably a glock w/ 3 extra slides

20. Why not the Taurus PT92, yung beretta clone? 17+1 din yun at may local support. Meron din yung sig clone, PT915 ata yun. Matibay na, maganda pa, lalu na yung stainless ;)