close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CZ Upland Ultralight O/U. Any experiance?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by B_RAD, Feb 25, 2013.

1. B_RAD

B_RAD

Jan 2, 2008
    NW AR
    I saw one of these today for $650. I'm wanting a shotgun for a little clay pigeon, bird hunting. Nothing serious. Would love a nice Browning but don't want to spend that much. Anyone have/seen/shot one of these?

2. awpk03s

awpk03s

Apr 1, 2007
    Ohio
    I don't have an ultra light, but I do have a CZ Mallard O/U and an Upland SxS, both in 12GA with 28" barrels and double triggers. I love them. They are excellently fit and finished shotguns for the money, and beautiful to boot. Both of mine point and swing very naturally.

3. B_RAD

B_RAD

Jan 2, 2008
    NW AR
  4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I almost bought one about a year or so ago. IIRC, they don't have ejectors and that was a deal breaker for me. Nice gun though. I finally broke down and bought a Citori Superlight Feather. Been wanting one for YEARS! Should land at my FFL Thursday. :cool:

5. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Call these guys. They are in Searcy. I went by there last week and they have an O/U for about that same money, maybe a tad less. Can't remember the name, but it was lightweight, pointed GREAT, looked good and had an awesome recoil pad. I almost bought it, but already had the Citori ordered. If I wouldn't have had the Citori deal in the works, I would have left with it no doubt. VERY nice gun for the money.

http://rangetradingsupply.com/

6. nathanours

nathanours Texan

I'm not familiar with the CZ you mentioned, but when shopping around one of the guns I looked at was the CZ Redhead Deluxe. It wasn't a bad feeling gun, but I wasn't overly impressed with it. The engraving on the receiver looked very shallow, cheap, and poorly done. I would have liked the gun better without it.

I'd look around for something used in your price range. Look at Beretta, Browning, and Ruger. Remember some guns will be chambered for 2 3/4" shells and some for both 2 3/4 and 3" shells. If you're shooting a bunch of trap a longer (30") barrel will be better but for upland birds many like a 26" barrel. Some of the older guns don't have removable chokes either.

With that said, I recently picked up a used Browning Citori in absolutely perfect shape for $900. It's a great gun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just wanted to add that I called my local sporting clays range to ask the owner if they had any shotguns in the ~$1000 range on their pin board before I bought mine. (They've got it set up so local club members can post for sale adds there) The owner is a really high-volume clay shooter and former pro. He's been doing it for years, and while he found nothing for sale that matched my price range he told me that there were not any O/U shotguns that he would consider new for under $1400. He said that I was definitely doing the right thing in looking for a good nicer used gun. He's been working at the range for years and said he'd seen too many of the bargain guns fail. He said to especially stay away from the Mossberg Silver Reserve guns and the Franchi's. Hopefully this helps, good luck with your search!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  7. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

I've got a CZ Ringneck 16 gauge SXS....and it's a great gun for the money. Yeah, it's not a Boss, but looks pretty good, is solid and dusts the clays at the gravel pit without any problem.

I got a few grouse and a partridge with it last fall. Good hunting gun as I'm not too worried about scratching it going through the thorn bushes..

8. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    :wow:What a bargain! I paid more than twice that for my new one. I'd have bought that in a half a heartbeat!

9. B_RAD

B_RAD

Jan 2, 2008
    NW AR
    Yeah, I would like ejectors. I'll call the place in Searcy and ask about the one you looked at. Thanks.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. nathanours

nathanours Texan

It was built in 1987. 3" chambers, invector chokes, and a 28" barrel. It was a one owner gun with the original box too. I got very lucky from a local ad on armslist. It's in new shape with not a single mark on the bluing or wood. It also had a fiber optic front sight installed that I've yet to decide if I like or not.

[​IMG]

To the OP- you may want to read this:

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/thread_archive2.cfm?threadid=115916

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  11. B_RAD

B_RAD

Jan 2, 2008
    NW AR
    I'll give you 1K!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire