close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CZ P-07 DUTY Update

Discussion in 'CZ Club' started by clarkstoncz, Mar 1, 2009.

1. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Sep 28, 2006
    Word is that they will be in Mid-March.
    That's sooner than initially expected.

I'm not selling these. Just thought that some of you guys would be interested.

$480 includes Shipping!
    [​IMG]
    CZ 75 P07 Duty

2. Valbrandr

Valbrandr Neocon

Nov 30, 2008
    Ohio
    Thank you for the link, I just ordered one... you may not know it but you started my CZ addiction after I read another post of yours on a different forum, so thanks again! :cool:

3. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Sep 28, 2006
    You are quite welcome! Bringing people into the world of CZ is a rewarding past-time:)

Glad to have you with us!

As for the Duty. The gun will be attracting a lot of people who never thought about CZs
    before.

4. Quail Fat

Quail Fat Member

Mar 7, 2000
    Oklahoma
    At the Academy store close to my house, the got 2 in on March 31, I bought one of them and shot it yesterday.

I was wanting one since I saw the first pictures from the SHOT show.

5. mrnuke7571

mrnuke7571

Feb 14, 2008
    Worked for me. Saw it at the store, held it and bought it. :supergrin:

6. If I don't buy a second Glock 19, this gun will be the reason.

7. Why would CZ put such a short barrel (3.7 inches) on a duty gun?

8. Many duty guns have a bbl about this size. NYPD carries Glock 19s which have a 4" bbl. My sig sp2022 is duty gun and also has a 3.9" bbl.

9. twoblackbelts

twoblackbelts NASA reject

May 1, 2009
    Up on The Mountain
    American cops did great with 2 and 4-inch barrels for 75 years with 6 shots of .38

I think this is a FAR superior weapon.

Anyone wondering about the huge triggergard?
    Ever been to the Slavic countries in the winter?

No gloves=no fingers.

10. JoshuaC

JoshuaC

Jan 26, 2008
    Maricopa, AZ
    Man those P-07's look pretty snazzy. Are they using the locked breech system similar to Glock's? or are they still using the same CZ style locking lugs?

11. slumpmaster

slumpmaster Amateur

Mar 18, 2002
    NE WA

It could conceivably be used as both a uniformed duty AND a plainclothes/ off duty weapon.

Think like an administrator: "I could equip my officers with a full size pistol, and then spend extra training time (and budget) on making sure they qual with their individual off duty or plainclothes weapon. OR, I could purchase a single, mid-sized model that may work reasonably well for everybody in most situations, thereby saving money and man hours (= money), while simultaneously maximizing my officers' allotted training time on that ONE weapon. I'm a hero!"

CZ is simply designing and marketing a product toward satisfying that mindset. Think Glock 19, HK P2000, Sig 229 and 250, etc...

I think this CZ is going to be a winner.

12. mrnuke7571

mrnuke7571

Feb 14, 2008
    I still have to find a decent IWB holster for my P07. That beavertail digs into my side a wee bit too much. :faint:

13. mr.scott

mr.scott

Oct 26, 2008
    Are there any specific holsters for this or will it fit in other holsters? Looks like it might work in an XD holster.

14. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Sep 28, 2006
    Yes, XD holsters are working for now, as CZ Leathersmiths try to get dummy guns for molds.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  15. RyanSBHF

RyanSBHF Senior Member

Jun 28, 2004
    USA

That "One gun for all situations" idea has been used by German law enforcement for years. The Walther P99, P5 and H&K P7 were designed to be the same way.

16. I see a lot of H/K USPc design aspects in this pistol.