close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CZ is new to me. Which to get?

Discussion in 'CZ Club' started by DannyR, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Wade, can you give me any P-01 vs PCR input?

2. the perfesser

the perfesser

Jun 24, 2007
    No -- keep your beloved Kimber. But save up for the CZ97B........

3. Wade-19

Wade-19

Sep 24, 2007
    St. Louis
    Not yet . I just picked up the PO-1 from a poster on here last week. I have not shot it yet. I will tell you this, the trigger on my PO-1 is smoother than the PCR .

4. clarkstoncz

clarkstoncz

Sep 28, 2006
    Plenty of choices in the CZ line.

For a Range gun I'd go with a 75SA and not not look back.

However, most any CZ in 9mm or .40 will be impressive.

abne sure to visit the CZ-ZONE and take a look at most models.

Best of luck with your eventual purchase.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  5. Todd F

Todd F

Mar 18, 2007
    Utah
    Get the 75B and add the competition hammer. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for any Glock :wow:

6. hongster

hongster

Feb 27, 2007
    Definitely the SP-01 with the manual safety. Then you can modify as you get more familiar with it. I seen some amazing video clips of pros using this weapon.

7. Lior

Lior GUNS=FREEDOM

Jul 23, 2004
    Israel
    A SP-01 with trigger modified for single action only. Amazing piece of ordnance.

8. TexasVine

TexasVine

Feb 9, 2010
    Central Texas
    Both the 75B and the PO1 are my favorite. Both handle like a dream.

9. GlockRik

GlockRik

Sep 14, 2001
    Hello Danny, excellent thread.

I've been shooting the Glock for years in IDPA, IPSC and steel, because I love the simplicity. But I still can't shoot them as well as 1911. I've been looking at the CZ for SSP.

I think I'm going with the 85 Combat for the no firing pin block. Bud's does have them at a good price right now.

Rik

10. Shiro_tengu

Shiro_tengu

May 13, 2002
    I am a Die Hard Glock fan. My personal weapon and work weapon are both Glocks. I have been carrying Glocks for about 10 years now. Several weeks ago at the IPSC range a friend asked me if I would like to try his SP01 Shadow. I reluctantly accepted his offer.
    The optic fiber front sight made acquiring a sight picture extremely simple. It was beautifully balanced, fired perfectly, followup shots were a breeze, mag changes were fantastically easy and fast.
    This weapon is also the best looking of the CZ family IMO and as it was designed with combat applications in mind, it is robust and capable. I liked it so much, I have one on order! I was completely sold.
    I suggest you check out the SP01 Shadow!!

11. dondavis3

dondavis3

Apr 4, 2012
    DFW Area
    My CZ 85 Combat

[​IMG]

It's a wonderful gun in every way.

:cool:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  12. Fuerte

Fuerte Cigar?

Apr 29, 2005
    The Woodlands, TX
  13. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

Apr 16, 2001
    North Texas
    I had one of those and I do miss it. Loved it but had compelling reason to sell. Worth every penny. Sweet shooter!!!

14. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    IGF, we meet again!

I have a 75 Shadow T
    http://czcustom.com/shadowtarget.aspx
    I shoot IDPA and USPSA with it. I shot in the 2012 USPSA Nationals in Production with it.

Great compitition gun but a little heavy for carry. I really like my P-01. It is very accurate and heavy enough to shoot streight and light enough to carry.

15. JDSTG58

JDSTG58

Feb 4, 2008
    USSA
    The CZ 75 has been on my list for a while. However, also look at the milsurplus ones. They are a lot of fun at the range. The CZ 52 in 7.62x25 always gets people's attention. It has a sharp report that you can feel in your feet when you shoot. Just a cool Cold War piece of history. Also check out the CZ 82/83. The 82 is 9mm mak, the 83 is in .380. Both can be had for under $250. If you get a commercial 83, you can get them in .32. It's the only 15 shot .32 I know of. CZ makes nice stuff.

16. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    The commercial 83s are being dropped, as are several others.

We have 5 CZs and a couple of "clones" as well. Great guns, especially when they were under priced.

17. Luminary

Luminary

Oct 26, 2009
    I shoot the best with my CZ P01. Everything is stock except for the grips and it's a dream!

Pros:
    -Extremely accurate
    -Good price to quality ratio (payed $600 for mine about 2 months ago)
    -All steel/alloy construction allows for VERY fast follow up shots
    -Beautiful gun
    -Will fit most hands like a glove
    -Single action is the bees knees!

Cons:
    -Thin slide with heavy recoil spring takes a little getting used to but if my skinny ass can do it, I'm sure you can too.
    -Factory sites are good enough... not the best.
    -Very long and heavy trigger pull when in double action or half cocked though half cocked is much easier. In the half cocked position, you won't be able to tell that shot from your single action shot placement if you practice and get used to the trigger.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  18. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    If I were coming from a G19 to my first CZ it would be the PO7. A steal at the price. That being said, I have a PO1 that I love as well as a 75Compact. The compact is all steel so it gets on the heavy side if you tote it all day but boy will it shoot. CZ just does not make a "bad" weapon. If you know much about the company's factory you know these people are obsessed with building their weapons. I don't suppose there is another brand in their price-range that offers so much in stock form and their potential tweaked is even better.

19. UselessEnergy

UselessEnergy simple user

Feb 24, 2013
    South Central PA
    I can appreciate completely what youre saying. I do however feel that Tanfoglios/EAA offer 90% of the CZ quality while being considerably cheaper for standard options.

My Tan Witness Elite had adj rear/ fiber front, skeletonized trigger/hammer, adj trigger, ext mag release, match grade barrel + other features AND it was about $560

Probably one of the best purchases ive ever made