close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CZ 75 compact question

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by uncledoodoo, Feb 12, 2013.

1. uncledoodoo

uncledoodoo

Dec 30, 2012
    Texas
    I have a potential trade, my Glock 23 for a CZ 75 compact. It was supposedly made in 1993 and doesn't say "B" on the side (just says "CZ 75 Compact". Did the compact come along after the B so that it would have the upgrades (internal firing-pin block in particular)? Its a beautiful piece but I don't want the troubles I've heard associated with the older CZs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  2. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    you should be good, the CZ75 Compact isn't marked B even on the newer models

3. uncledoodoo

uncledoodoo

Dec 30, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks Raven11.

Here's the other side just-in-case
    [​IMG]

4. Not sure about the internals of that gun, UncleDodoo, but the CZ75s I have owned work flawlessly.

5. uncledoodoo

uncledoodoo

Dec 30, 2012
    Texas
    Its a beauty for sure. I guess I'll do it. Would like to know if anyone knows if this one from 93 should have the internal block, or can find a link to what one would look like internally (the guy who has it got it on a trade and doesn't know anything about it, got it from an old guy who had it for years)

6. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    The Compacts are good to go. I don't think they made compact model before the safety change so they didn't have to differentiate. but I could be wrong. I don't think the safety would keep me from one though, in fact I'd like a "pre B" myself. I don't have Pre so I can't take a comparison pic, sorry.

I absolutely love mine after 4 years. Those grips and the blue finish are downright gorgeous. I love my Chrome model, which they dropped this year, but that one is nice.

7. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    Doesn't the finger grove trigger guard give it away as a 'B' as opposed to the rounded one on the 'pre B'?

8. uncledoodoo

uncledoodoo

Dec 30, 2012
    Texas
    427, I don't know CZ's but my research in the last few hours would indicate the same thing. Once again, I love the knowledge you find on here, thanks guys! I'll post better pics once I have it. Anybody know where to get mags for it? I heard CZ sells them but I don't see any mags on their main website.

9. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    I'd make that trade in a heartbeat. CZ's are some fine pistols and that one appears to be in wonderful condition.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  10. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    All day long and twice on Sunday. I have one. The most accurate and sweetest compact weapon I own. Every polymer gun I own would leave my house before my compact CZ would. If you're not sure about the deal put me in touch with the seller. I'll take it.

11. uncledoodoo

uncledoodoo

Dec 30, 2012
    Texas
    Its home now, safe and sound. Must have come from Commifornia since it has a 10-round mag. Anybody know where I can get mags right now?

12. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    Check the cz site till they get more in, you picked a heck of a time to shop for standard capacity magazines :wavey:

http://shop.cz-usa.com/C-127/COMPACT.aspx

13. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

Jan 12, 2013
    CZ Custom Shop will have everything you'll need (when this crisis is over)and they ship super-fast. Angus and the guys there don't play.

14. elsolo

elsolo

Aug 4, 2003
    socal
    So does it have the firing pin block or not?

You can see the blocker plunger on the underside of the slide, if you remove or retract the slide.

15. uncledoodoo

uncledoodoo

Dec 30, 2012
    Texas
    elsolo, it has a small semi-circle black plunger so I guess its good. That's good to know, thanks for the info. This is a 93, so I guess that's the last year they said Czechoslovakia on them? This gun is in excellent+ condition. Can't wait to get it to the range. My brother just called and said walmart had a lot of 9mm in stock today.

16. panzer1

panzer1 NRA MEMBER

Jun 10, 2006
    p.a.
    Yes get the mag's at CDNN they are much lest. Or try top gun. You will love the cz,75compact I do.

17. panzer1

panzer1 NRA MEMBER

Jun 10, 2006
    p.a.
    Just a note: CZ'S like 124gr ammo better then 115gr ammo & if yours as a plastic guild rod(may not its older) get a steel one from CZ just call them up. I did that with all my CZ'S.

18. uncledoodoo

uncledoodoo

Dec 30, 2012
    Texas
    thanks for the tip. It has a stainless guide rod. Will that help with 115gr? I really detest finicky guns, hope this one can shoot whatever I find to feed it.