close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cwl holder and chambered gun??

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by 45CalGlockin, Sep 24, 2009.

1. 45CalGlockin

45CalGlockin

May 4, 2009
    If you have a concealed weapons license can you have your gun snaped in your holster and loaded with one in the chamber in ur glove box or center console???

2. Dillusion

Dillusion Mustache-less

Aug 26, 2009
    FL

3. 45CalGlockin

45CalGlockin

May 4, 2009
    I just wondering..i have my cwl but someone told me once that you cant have the gun chambered in the car..

4. rich52us

rich52us

Mar 28, 2006
    WPB, FL
    They gave you innacurate information. As Dillusion said, you don't need a CCW to do that. A legal citizen of FL who can otherwise obtain a pistol can keep it laoded in their vehicle. I suggest you get Gutmacher's book on Florida Firearms Laws and go by that. It is available at most gun shops, and pawn shops that sell firearms.

5. 45CalGlockin

45CalGlockin

May 4, 2009
    Thats what i taught but loaded and chambered can be two different things...i guess it might have been back when they had that 3 Step process law

6. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    the 3 step law does not exist in FL. With a CWL you can have the firearm on you (concealed) chambered or unchambered while in your car.

7. Mr. Blandings

Mr. Blandings

Jun 20, 2001
    Florida
    Hey Glockin,

Seriously, please pick up or order a copy of attorney Jon Gutmacher's book Florida Firearms - Law, Use & Ownership, 6th Edition. Do this so you actually know what the law says.

8. What Mr. Blandings suggested would be most prudent and will be the best $25 you ever spend.

9. volsbear

volsbear IWannaBeSedated Lifetime Member

Nov 8, 2007
    Illinois
    Get the book. As a general rule, it's a bad idea to walk around with a gun unless you know the applicable laws in your own state. Laws can protect you, but they can also place you in peril if you're not up to speed on them and do something illegal. As the cliche goes, 'ignorance of the law is no excuse.'

10. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    ....and never has existed.

11. derp

derp

Apr 23, 2009
    miami,fl
    3 step rule. can somebody tell me when did the 3 step rule was actually in effect? did it ever existed such a thing in Florida?

12. brboyer

brboyer

Jun 15, 2006
    Tampa Bay Florida
    never!

13. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    Yup....right around that time. :supergrin:

14. FlaChef

FlaChef Steyroid

Jul 4, 2004
    Orlando
    I think the conquistidors might have had a three step process for loading their flintlocks:dunno: