close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cw9

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by glockess56, Apr 13, 2010.

1. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Mar 30, 2004
    Dublin, Ohio
    I hear about PM9s/40s and P9s/40s and some Ks. What can you tell me about a Kahr CW9?

2. I can tell you about the one I have. I have about 800 rds thru my CW9, and have yet to have a single problem with it. I ran only FMJ thru it for the first 200 rd break-in period, and have since found it to have no problem with several different HP defense rounds as far as feeding , firing, or ejecting. It is compact, very easy to carry, but the grip frame is just large enough to allow me a comfortable 3-finger hold on the weapon. The recoil spring is stiff when new, and I followed the suggestion in the manual to use the slide stop when chambering a round during the break-in period. I have since found at the range, I have had no troubles racking the slide to chamber with good technique. Break down and re-assembly is easy, and it is more than accurate enough for defensive purposes at defensive distances. (10-15 yds). I carry it often, and am as confident as you can be of a mechanical device that it will be reliable if needed. The grip checkering can be a little irritating during extended range sessions, but I added a slip-on Kwikgrip sleeve, and it is very comfortable to shoot.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010

3. greenjeans

greenjeans

May 28, 2007
    South Carolina
    May be the best value in a Kahr out there. Mine has been great and I carry it a lot. Feeds anything.

4. scwine

scwine ^%(#@$^!!!!!!!

Jul 16, 2007
    New Braunfels, TX
    ^^^^Exactly what the 2 previous posted said.

5. Agree!

6. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Mar 30, 2004
    Dublin, Ohio
    I did buy this Kahr at a great price used. It was great, because Kahr's are usually a little expensive. I shot it and it is accurate and feels great to shoot. Now, I need a holster for the little thing, and I'm thinking of an IWB one. I've never had an IWB before, but the concept sounds great. Thanks for all the imput from Glocktalk, I great appreciete it.