custom wasr 10 ( pics inside )

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by kevin_lee_1, Aug 11, 2012.

1. im looking for opinions as to what this is worth
    ive read the wasr 10 are pretty much a hit or miss gun

30 round mag
    brownell battle comp ( pinned and welded )
    texas upper
    tampco trigger
    left had conversion

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

3. LOOKS GREAT!!! GREAT JOB
    I have a wasr10 and a sar-1

booth have been great rifles !!

(I have not seen that dust cover before, looks interesting)

#2 Glock9mmccw, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  4. That's one nice looking wasr.

5. There are a lot of modifications. Given that they are all done by a quality smith I would say $800.

6. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

Have you shot it yet?

I am considering one of those Texas uppers for mine.

Thanks -

7. i shot it today
    i must say the sighting sucks big time..
    but for now its a nice piece to shoot

8. Eric2340

Yeah, most stock AK sights do. That was why I was looking at the Texas upper cover also, so as to get a red dot sight mounted as low as possible on the gun, w/ having to go to a forward scout mount - that I don't prefer.

I guess obviously it stays in place fairly well when firing?

Thanks -

9. You can actually get a lower mount with the RS Products mounts, I think. At least with 30mm tube optics.

10. Eric2340

I was looking to use and Aimpoint Comp M3, is that a 30mm (I am assuming yes?)?

I had an EO Tech for it already and got rid of it - didn't like it. :(

Thanks -

11. Yeah, the M3 will sit as low as physically possible with the RS Products or Midwest Industries 30mm mounts, just because it's got the ring coming up and over the receiver, instead of having a rail, THEN a ring on it.

Both are great mounts, but the RS offers a precise fitment over the bore. And they'll both return to zero after removal of the mount.

12. Very nice. Can you list the mods you have done

13. Sorry ware your mods were done is what I meant

14. Nice mods and great looking rifle. I want the left handed charging handle but in the very obscure remote possibility that I would need to use a battle field pick-up, I would be screw up because I would have the muscle memory of the modified AK and not the standard. Yeah, silly I know.

15. I bought a sight mark reflex sight for $95 for my m10 and I love it. If your looking for a cheep sight that feels, looks and functions great without buying an EOTECH. This is it.

http://www.sightmark.com/catalog/reflex-sights

16. Myke_Hart

Myke_Hart Handloader

tampco trigger <==:rofl:

Is that the Super Plus Extra (very heavy flow) version?

#17 Myke_Hart, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  17. snewsoG22

snewsoG22 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Looks like some qualiity upgrades. What stock is that?

Also interested in how you modified the bolt for left handed charging.

Not sure what you could get for it but I bet there's a good $1000 invested in it.

#18 snewsoG22, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  18. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

I was thinking, when I get $600, that I would send mine to Rifle Dynamics and have their WASR job done on it. Why should I go with TWS instead? Just curious.

19. That's a decent looking build, meaning decent parts. The Battle Comp made by Battle Comp and now sold exclusively through Rifle Dynamics (best AK builder in the world) is $200 new. The Texas rail system is nice. I use one an a Saiga w/ an Aimpoint H1. It works well.

Most AKs have the T2 Tapco trigger. I do not like Tapco but their trigger seems to work well. I like my triggers and not scared to spend upwards of $300 on a single trigger (Giessle SD3G) if it works but stay w/ the Tapco in my AKs.

I would find out who did the work and try to talk him down to somewhere in the $600-$700 range.

#20 mjkeat, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012