Custom Rails on my G26 for Weapon Light

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by GLOCKTOMETRY, May 17, 2011.

1. TSAX

Nice job :welcome:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. "Haters Gonna Hate"

Looks good to me. I would say you have yourself a side business if the mod works out.

3. I have wondered why Glock has not put rails on the subcompacts. Nice work - way to jump in and do a nice mod. Can you design a user-friendly template for the rest of us, that we could stick on our 26/27/(30s?) and cut to a certain depth? I'd pay something for that and shipping would be cheap - no need to pay to ship frames back and forth, owners to be without guns, etc.
  4. RustyDaleShackleford

RustyDaleShackleford Giblet Head

Looks awesome!

That bugs me so bad. They absolutely should put rails on the G26 and G27. Everybody says there's no room, and there's no reason to have a light on a subcompact, anyway.

But there's absolutely enough room and enough of a need, especially with how small they can and are making lights and lasers these days. One of the GT ads shows one about the size of a quarter!
  5. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

The G30 45ACP subcompact has a factory rail on all pistols manufactured after mid-2005 (G29 10mm too). If I owned one of the subcompacts without a rail, before making the mod I would want to hear from Glock, Inc. why none of the subcompact pistols have a rail except the beefy G29/G30. I wonder if it affects structural integrity.
    #25 GRT45, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  6. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Cool project.
  7. Great work man. I would love a rail on my g26. I have the viridian c5l mounted to my hk p30 and love it. I definitely recommend it.
  8. very nice job !
  9. that's one thing i wish my 36 had
  10. Well Done!!!
  11. Nicely Done! Excellent work .... must be a tight fit to stay secure. Gen 4's should have came with rail.
  12. Very nice work. Maybe glock will do it too now. Got it glock guys? :dunno:
  13. Genin

Genin Designated Left

Bravo. Fantastic work!
  14. Very nicely done... And welcome to Glock Talk..
  15. branden

branden AMERICA **** YA

Looks great!
  16. I have this obsession now about creating a long-barreled Glock, like a G17L, and I was thinking that to shoot a long barreled pistol like that - you'd need to use your left hand to hold it like a rifle.

A setup like this could be used for that.
  17. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan

Looks great,........I'm just concerned about the frame.
    Lots of material removed, that area flexes a great deal when fired.
    Now with the extra weight of the light combo,..........:dunno:

Damn fine execution with a seemingly impossible task! :thumbsup:
  18. That is fantastic! But I'm too scared to do it!,,:wow:
  19. powder86

powder86 SHOOT SAFE!

awesome... i want my 26 to be like that... when i get one.
  20. I don't own a 26 or 27 but congrats on a very good job. :cheers: