close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Current Psycotic buying Mainia

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cherokee5425, Jan 1, 2013.

1. cherokee5425

cherokee5425
    Expand Collapse

I Hate having Politics dictate what one should consider buying. Unfortunitly I am worried about the possiblity of these Policital Idiots banning Glocks all together. I really have been wanting a Model 34, mainly because of the availbility of 9mm ammo. I've had several Glocks before but sadly find myself Glockless at the moment. Due to the crazy buying of anything that comes into the Gunshops you almost have to be satisfied with what you can get your hands on. My local dealer has just gotten in several Glocks, but sadly no model 34's. So I am thinking of settleing on a model 17, not thts there's anything wrong with them but I really want the 34. I know it's impossible to predict what will happen with the Gun Ban mania but I would appreciate any advice.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Tmoney33

Tmoney33
    Expand Collapse

I'm ordering a Gen4 G17 this week. I doubt they could get a ban passed on one makers handguns as the Glock is really no different than Springfield or S&W semi-auto pistols. I do believe we'll see mag restrictions.

3. barth

barth
    Expand Collapse
    six barrels

Chances are it will be a modified version of the Brady Bill.
    Most likely Glock handguns will be fine.
    But the High Cap mags (over 10) will be banned.
    So your NIB Glock 34 could potentially come with 10 round mags.

If I were you I'd be more interested in High Cap mags than the gun.

#3 barth, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  4. GruGrux515

GruGrux515
    Expand Collapse

There is def some bug out buying going on. My one local hop was gonna give me 400 for my Sig Pro2009 as a trade in bc I wanted a G19. They had none in stock and their suppliers had none so they said it could be 2 weeks or 2 months. The owner also said Glock is refusing to fill any orders.

I took my Sig to another gun shop who were only gave me 250 but they has a good supply of Glocks and had sold 40 19's in 4 days. I'm not one to wait to get something plus I knew the scare that was going on so I took the lesser amount for trade.

I'm also gla I got it when I did because if legislation passes I wouldn't of gotten 3 15rd mags. They are selling for insane amours online

5. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

Advice for what - the 17 vs. 34 debate... or the totally unpredictable "Gun Ban"? Who could predict the latter?

I have every 9mil that Glock makes, and some dublicates, but more often than not, I shoot the 17 in IDPA and Steel Challenge because my accuracy is just as good, but the 17 is easier to get out of and clear the holster. The 17 would also be easier to conceal carry if that's your goal. And in GSSF, the 34 may only be shot in 2 Divisions, but the 17 in 4 Divisions.

Whatever you buy, get a Gen4 and get 3 mags, instead of the normal 2.

Pretty soon GLock will be like the Bren Ten... sold with one or no mags, but a promise of delivery later[/] and prices of $100 per mag if you could get them.

6. rajbcpa

rajbcpa
    Expand Collapse

buy now and avoid tears later....when it won't be possible

7. GruGrux515

GruGrux515
    Expand Collapse

Wish I had the funds to buy more that's for sure

8. jakebrake

jakebrake
    Expand Collapse
    cracker

pretty much what i see as well.

9. cherokee5425

cherokee5425
    Expand Collapse

SARDG, you do make some good points. One good thing, I had planned awhile back of getting either a 34 or 17 so I bought 3 17 rd and 2 33 rd mags. I think when my local gunshop opens tomorrow I'll throw some money on a 4th Gen 17. I may in the future run across someone selling a 34 upper.

10. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo
    Expand Collapse

Do any of you politically unsavvy nervous Nellies really think that another AWB will pass a REPUBLICAN controlled House of Rep.? No way, José. :wavey:

There will be no new AWB. Unknot your knickers and start reading some objective pilitical websites for your info.

11. carbuncle

carbuncle
    Expand Collapse
    is not cool.

Less worrying, more fighting any potential AWB: write your reps and anyone else who will listen!

12. SARDG

SARDG
    Expand Collapse

Think "Executive Order" and consider what damage could be done with the stroke of a pen. How many, how deep... still conjecture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_order

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_executive_orders

13. ignantmike

ignantmike
    Expand Collapse

this remind's me of the ammo shortage and the craziness of buying 380 ammo for 50 bucks a box.....some people made some good money off this.....some didn't....i just sit back and wait.....:yawn:

14. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo
    Expand Collapse

Theny why didn't he do it in his first term? :wavey: Besides, an Executuve Order on such a volatile issue would immediately send it to the SCOTUS where it would lose (think Heller decision).

This is just so much handwringing by panic mongers. :upeyes:

15. garflys

garflys
    Expand Collapse

I was just going to ask what is the going price for a LNIB 17 with ns? I only have about 300 rds I really dont shoot it and want to get a sig 938. I went to a new range in the area and asked what they would do for a trade. The guy said I will give you 250. I said our you kidding me the guy is like new? he said I was just going to ask you that. I will sell it at the next guy show in about 5 min.

16. Melissa5

Melissa5
    Expand Collapse

During his first term he had to worry about getting re-elected. He doesn't have that little problem standing in his way now.

Anyway, I will be picking up a Gen 4 G26 in a couple of days and hopefully some G17 mags if the shop has any in stock.

#16 Melissa5, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  17. chemboy

chemboy
    Expand Collapse

I have to agree, even if it is Obama's second term and all that that entails. Heller is a big stumbling block to any such legislation, as is a GOP controlled house.

18. 1eyedjack

1eyedjack
    Expand Collapse
    Old Pirate

This reminds me of 1994 when Clinton was in office. Bought my G23 back then and it came with only one mag - Glock started shipping all their pistolas with one mag instead of two before the ban took effect and marked the Tupperware box labels with "ONE MAGAZINE". After that stock was exhausted all their pistols shipped with 10 round mags...

19. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

I wonder of there are more double stack pistols and more "high" capacity magazines now then there were in 1994...

20. PAGunner

PAGunner
    Expand Collapse

I'd venture to say the number has gone up exponentially. Pretty much more "hi-cap" everything... Many gun owners from during the ban have literally hoarded magazines knowing a ban could happen again.