Current EDC, let's see some pics

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by hioctane33, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

People use smartphones for a phone, too.

But they can also use it for a helluva lot of other things that the non smartphone owners can only dream of.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

My phone costs me $80 a year. What's your smart phone cost, around $1,200+ per year?

That's a difference of $1,120. That's another $1,120 that I can spend on ammo. Now that's smart! :supergrin:

3. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I bought this phone (Trac Phone) almost six years ago. I put a 60 minute card on it when I bought it. I have over 600 minutes on it now. I simply don't use my cell that much. I don't need a phone that costs me $100 a month. I don't have a desire to send pictures, receive e-mail or even send/receive text.

Heck, I rarely have my phone on anyhow! Although I usually have a company phone with me because of my job. That's about the only time I really use a cell is for work. My personal is for when I'm not near a land line and I need to make a call. You know, the thing that cell phones are supposed to be used for. :rofl:

If I want to surf the net, I'll use my laptop.

4. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Sig P239 9mm OWB in a Don Hume H721. Spare mag in a single pouch at 11:00.

Surefire E2E clipped in my back pocket and some form of folding knife (changes daily).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rarely I carry just the 442 in a pocket with a speed strip in the off hand pocket. I rely on that for rare occasions when wearing dress clothes and need a deep concealment gun. Mostly weddings, dinners, etc...

[​IMG]

I use a cheapo uncle mikes pocket holster and it works well.

#24 collim1, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  5. Lately it's been the S&W 4506-1 in a Galco King Tuk (for a SIG P226, but fits perfectly), with 2 spare 8 round mags in a Blackhawk tension-fit dual mag holder. This all hides just fine on me (5'10", 150 pounds).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

I LOVE the 4506! That is a great weapon. Its large, but its pure awesomeness. :supergrin:

7. Thanks! I love these old Smiths too, I've also got an older "no dash" model that has the stepped frame and hooked trigger guard. I have the 1006 (10mm variant of the 4506-1) as well, but she's the safe queen if I ever considered having one. :supergrin:

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

They were great guns indeed! I miss this era of S&W semi's. That's back when they actually knew how to make a gun. It's sad to see such a great firearms manufacture devolve like they have.

Don't get me wrong, they still make a solid gun, just not what they used to make by a long shot.

#28 NEOH212, Apr 9, 2012
  9. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache
    Millennium Member

10. cadillacguns

Millennium Member

Picture this......G-27 or G-23 in a Bianchi "Black Widow" leather holster, a Bianchi 20A mag pouch with a G-22 mag w/(+)2 bottom carrying Speer GDHP in it, a stream light G2, and a Boker"Infinity" ceramic folder.

Oh yea POS hand me down cell phone and SUV keys.

#30 cadillacguns, Apr 9, 2012
  11. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

wherdja get the split six or five in this case? Will they work with safariland comp i's as well as hks?

12. I agree with, and endorse this statement.

13. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

DW, is that a RIA?

14. [​IMG]
    er...
    pm9-stuffed nemesis stoked with short-barrel +p gold dots
    comp-tac teklok mag carrier
    novatac 120p
    benchmade 810
    spec-ops wallet
    strong brand id holder for my ccw permits
    keys attached to case logic 2-usb holder
    fox mean green 2 oz. in a body glove clip holder i got off ebay
    citizen titanium skyhawk
    raybans
    paracord bracelet made by a member from another board

and if that don't work, i've advised my pair of cats that they are my last line of defense - cat nunchukas...

#34 nosuchagency, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  15. chaos_23

chaos_23 I walk the line

If I'm not mistaken, you have the same RayBans as I do, Shot Square? My absolute favorite sunglasses, had a pair for five years and dropped them in the lake one fourth of July. I never could find them again at any stores, but about four months ago I found some online and didn't hesitate.

Also, is that a Comp-Tac mag pouch? How do you like it?

16. #36 mj9mm, Apr 9, 2012
  17. the raybans are some flavor of predators that i picked up from costco (now sporting polarized rx lenses).

i like the tek-loks a lot; however, for me, they tend to slide a bit on my 5-stitch wilderness belts due to where i position them, unless i pin em' against a loop with a pepper spray holder. my guess is it wouldn't be an issue with a csm, or leather belt.

18. Good thread! Here's my current EDC:

[​IMG]

Here's the details:
    - Gen 3 Glock 27 with GAP floor in the magazine, loaded with Speer Gold Dots
    - Comp-tac MTAC
    - Spyderco Delica 4
    - LED flashlight on my keyring (I always keep a larger flashlight in my car)
    - Watch: Breitling Navitimer World, currently sporting a non-Breitling Kevlar band with red trim
    - Blackberry
    - Wallet

19. What holster is the Nano in? I need a decent IWB holster for mine.

20. It's from Theis Holsters.