close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cure for insomnia?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by CatsMeow, Sep 17, 2007.

1. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,

Don't know if you have the same experience as me, but every night after a range session, I always sleep soundly.:) Does that mean, therefore, that in order to cure insomnia, it helps to visit the range and pop away? Nothing physical, just stand there and bust some poppers.:thumbsup:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. enting

enting
    Expand Collapse

may be its stress related insomia, maybe going to the range released your stress. prescription: try sex at least 3X a day, if symptoms persist insult your doctor.

3. chowchow

chowchow
    Expand Collapse

:thumbsup: Great stress reliever..

4. nursetim

nursetim
    Expand Collapse

Try reading some of my text books on womens health. Garunteed to have you sawing logs in 1-2 paragraphs.

5. horge

horge
    Expand Collapse
    -=-=-=-=-
    Lifetime Member

I'm not even going to TRY to top that. ;)

6. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

That's going to kill me for sure.:supergrin:

7. antediluvianist

antediluvianist
    Expand Collapse

Probably is the effect of the lead in your bloodstream. You need a mask for when you go to the range. Either that, or breathe deeply at the range and sleep even better.

8. toxic

toxic
    Expand Collapse

Now i know why i cant sleep here. No gun ,no smell of powder.:supergrin: not even lead .. wait a minute will lead nitrate do the trick got tons of it here..baka matuluyan naman ako..

im no shrink but i agree that insomia is cause by work related stress, that is why i engaged myself in shooting sports to relieve stress, it works for me:thumbsup: ..or is it just psychological scape goat , just giving this expensive sports a reason ,so the wife cant say No.

Wifey im in agreat deal of Stress i need a new Gun.:supergrin:

9. chowchow

chowchow
    Expand Collapse

I mow the front and back lawns. Trim the plants and sweat it out. After a hot shower and being comfy watching TV, I would feel sleepy. Of course the .45 is not too far from reach.

10. antediluvianist

antediluvianist
    Expand Collapse

Seriously, for a no-prescription-needed sleeping pill, melatonin.

With prescriptions, stilnox, or dormicum.

11. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

swimming then eating and beer knocks me out at 12mn or else , I'm up until 3am

12. CatsMeow

CatsMeow
    Expand Collapse

If I couldn't go to the range (lalo na with the coming gun ban), a can of Red Horse or Colt 45, or two of Pilsen or Light, is usually enough to knock me out, without fail. But it's nothing like the deep sleep after a range session. Still, melatonin might be a good idea...:)

When I smell the overpowering odor of gunpowder as I get out of the car at the range, I conclude "Ah, somebody's going full-auto again.":supergrin: Sure enough, bap-bap-bap-bap...

But gunshots that do cause me some insomnia: While I was assigned in Manila, I lived in Ermita beside the Pasig River just across from the Muslim quarter. Imagine, at night, everything's quiet, then from across the river...brrrrrrp. I could only cringe and hope whoever it was wasn't firing across the river.:supergrin: