close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cure for insomnia?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by CatsMeow, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Hi all,

Don't know if you have the same experience as me, but every night after a range session, I always sleep soundly.:) Does that mean, therefore, that in order to cure insomnia, it helps to visit the range and pop away? Nothing physical, just stand there and bust some poppers.:thumbsup:

2. enting

enting

Oct 21, 2006
    may be its stress related insomia, maybe going to the range released your stress. prescription: try sex at least 3X a day, if symptoms persist insult your doctor.

3. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    Try reading some of my text books on womens health. Garunteed to have you sawing logs in 1-2 paragraphs.

4. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    I'm not even going to TRY to top that. ;)

5. That's going to kill me for sure.:supergrin:

6. Probably is the effect of the lead in your bloodstream. You need a mask for when you go to the range. Either that, or breathe deeply at the range and sleep even better.

7. toxic

toxic

Jan 15, 2005
    doin' time
    Now i know why i cant sleep here. No gun ,no smell of powder.:supergrin: not even lead .. wait a minute will lead nitrate do the trick got tons of it here..baka matuluyan naman ako..

im no shrink but i agree that insomia is cause by work related stress, that is why i engaged myself in shooting sports to relieve stress, it works for me:thumbsup: ..or is it just psychological scape goat , just giving this expensive sports a reason ,so the wife cant say No.

Wifey im in agreat deal of Stress i need a new Gun.:supergrin:

8. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
    I mow the front and back lawns. Trim the plants and sweat it out. After a hot shower and being comfy watching TV, I would feel sleepy. Of course the .45 is not too far from reach.

9. Seriously, for a no-prescription-needed sleeping pill, melatonin.

With prescriptions, stilnox, or dormicum.

10. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    swimming then eating and beer knocks me out at 12mn or else , I'm up until 3am

11. If I couldn't go to the range (lalo na with the coming gun ban), a can of Red Horse or Colt 45, or two of Pilsen or Light, is usually enough to knock me out, without fail. But it's nothing like the deep sleep after a range session. Still, melatonin might be a good idea...:)

When I smell the overpowering odor of gunpowder as I get out of the car at the range, I conclude "Ah, somebody's going full-auto again.":supergrin: Sure enough, bap-bap-bap-bap...

But gunshots that do cause me some insomnia: While I was assigned in Manila, I lived in Ermita beside the Pasig River just across from the Muslim quarter. Imagine, at night, everything's quiet, then from across the river...brrrrrrp. I could only cringe and hope whoever it was wasn't firing across the river.:supergrin: