close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crossbreed Vs M-Tac (Retail Store)

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 1smoothredneck, May 15, 2011.

1. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck
    Expand Collapse

My local shop carries the Comp-Tac line with a good selection of M-tacs.
    Went to get one today, They didn't have a Glock slide, and was informed the line was to be dropped in favor of the Crossbreed line, due to problems dealing with Comp-tac. I am unclear if this was comp tac, or a distributor...
    They were out of the Galco King Tuck....
    Sooo... Now I will wait for a few weeks till the changeover is made, and purchase the crossbreed.. I like the idea of a local shop being supported, as well as the availability of any accessories...(they have a full line of extra clips in diff. colors, extra shells, etc...) Hopefully this will continue
    with the new line...
    Anyone have negative experience with either company?? Not looking for bashing, just real instance of bad CS..
    Be Safe

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

I have problems with both company's, but IMO the MTAC is a far superior holster.

3. 1canvas

1canvas
    Expand Collapse

i really like my M-Tac. i looked at crossbreed before i bought the M-Tac, the crossbreed looks really ruff.

4. southern118

southern118
    Expand Collapse

i found out for a dealer the biggest problem with mtac it takes them a month or so to get something delievered. where as a customer can order it and can have it in a couple days

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak
    Expand Collapse
    KO Windows

I'd wait 3 weeks and pay 3x the price for an M-Tac, before I gave a penny to Crossbreed.

Just my opinion.

I've always had excellent service from Comp-Tac.... Been a while since I had to order from them, but I've never waited more than a week or so.

IGF

#5 IndyGunFreak, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  6. F_G

F_G
    Expand Collapse

Have a Horsehide Crossbreed for my G26, it's been exceptional for the 2 years I've been using it.

Any specific issues? Poor contruction? Horrible customer service? Allergic reaction?

#6 F_G, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  7. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

owner is a ******?

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak
    Expand Collapse
    KO Windows

That about sums it up... Search his posts on other forums... The attitude that comes from that guy is amazing. FWIW, I know a lot of folks complain about the crosses on the clips. I personally have no issue with that. Truthfully, if I could get past his attitude, we'd probably find we share similar religious beliefs.. but the way he acts, no way would I ever order from him.

IGF

9. Edmo01

Edmo01
    Expand Collapse

Between me, the wife, and my son we own 5 different Crossbreed holsters. I've never had any problems with their products or customer service.

Just my experience with Crossbreed. If I am treated poorly or sold a inferior product I move to the next guy, but so far I have been treated great.

Edmo

10. swinokur

swinokur
    Expand Collapse

Just an FYI, only the MTAC allows Kydex shells to be swapped.

11. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

And provides adjustability for height and cant, and does not use metal clips that tear up your belt....

Just to keep things fair, I have had issues with Comp-Tac's customer service in the past. However the MTAC works so well for me that I continue to give them business, I guess that makes me the sucker in the end. Oh well.

#11 Captains1911, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  12. Judge Roy Bean

Judge Roy Bean
    Expand Collapse

+1 on MTAC products.

Was dissapointed when they wanted a dollar in order to provide me with a tracking number.

13. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin
    Expand Collapse
    JMB & MTK

I've read nothing but good reviews about Crossbreed holsters and am patiently waiting for mine to come. I opted for the horsehide to help with the warmer weather. Whatever the guy's attitude is he is a maker of what seems to be a very popular holster and in the end I am his customer so long as he takes care of me I could care less. In reality the local stores one shops at could be owned by liberal, Obungo loving nazis but you still go there. :tongueout:

I don't need to be on a personal level with the guy, just business.

#13 Nakanokalronin, May 16, 2011
  14. bigleaf

bigleaf
    Expand Collapse

Diggin' my M-Tac (and my IWB mag holder, and the kydex G34 paddle, and my dual mag holders...) Those folks are great to deal with. And they send candy in every package! What's not to love? Smarties... MMMMMmmmmmmmm.

15. carloglock19

carloglock19
    Expand Collapse

I have experienced excellent service with Comp-Tac and my MTAC holster is awesome.

16. RMD

RMD
    Expand Collapse

Same here. Very satisfied with product and service so far.

17. F_G

F_G
    Expand Collapse

I'm getting ready to try a holster from this guy, his stuff looks really nice and his prices are very reasonable. http://www.theisholsters.com/

Anybody had any experience with his stuff?

#17 F_G, May 16, 2011
  18. tonyparson

tonyparson
    Expand Collapse

This /\ /\ and one thing for sure I like better with my MTAC over a crossbreed is the MTAC has retention screws that you can tighten up or loosen if needed. The last crossbreed I owned the gun keep getting loser and loser the older the holster got. I called crossbreed about it and they said to use a hairdryer on it. Well the hairdryer didn't work.

19. wrangler5

wrangler5
    Expand Collapse

I went through the MTAC/Supertuck decision process a few years ago for my G26 and ended up with the MTAC, in part because of the interchangeable kydex shells (@ half the price of a new holster.) Never did get a different shell, though. Now they've changed the basic holster so that it takes slightly different shells, and they discontinued production of the old style shells. (How hard would it have been to keep those old molds around, and produce an old style shell when an old customer needed one?) So now if I want an MTAC for a new gun I have to buy a whole new holster.

I'm only slightly disappointed. (Every time I think about carrying something other than the G26 I do the analysis, rent one to try, etc. and always end up back at the G26.) And will happily buy another MTAC if I do end up with another carry gun. But thought folks might like to know about this less than attractive factor in CompTac's business practice.

20. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis
    Expand Collapse
    Scottish Member

A question for those who have, or have tried, both the M-Tac and the CBST:

. . . . . . Do they both "fit" the same or similar?

I have a CBST and can't seem to find a good position where it is comfortable. When I use it, I usually (end-up) wear(ing) it like a conventional IWB - which is Ok, but not as comfortable as a OWB slide (Glaco M7X).

The M-Tac appears to be finished better - but I think I like the metal clips (on the CBST) better for thinness and durability. I have several Comp-Tac products and they are always nice people to deal with. On the CBST, I had a problem - the owner was kurt/brash - but he did take care of the problem at no charge.

#20 PEC-Memphis, May 16, 2011