close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Crossbreed Holsters

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by polizei1, Jul 25, 2011.

1. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Ok I know many of you already know this, but I'm a big fan of my CBST. I'm also a REALLY big fan of great customer service, and Crossbreed meets that as well!

Without trying to explain the whole thing...I'll just quote the email:

"Hello, I have one of your single IWB mag holders which are the same size as the double IWB holders. I now see that you offer smaller single IWB holders and was wondering if it was possible to ship mine back, and have it cut/re-fit like the new smaller style. The original design is too much leather when also wearing the Supertuck, as my waist is 28". Because of this, I unfortunately no longer wear the mag holder.

Is there anyway you could turn my older one into something like the new style, which uses a lot less leather?

Thanks,
    -Cody"

Response:

"No problem - just send it to us with a copy of this e-mail and your original order if you still have it and we'll get it exchanged for you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if I can be of further assistance.

Marty
    CrossBreed Holsters
    224 North Main Street
    Republic, MO 65738
    (888) 732-5011
    www.crossbreedholsters.com"

The best part? I received a BRAND NEW (new design) IWB mag holder within about a week, AND a refund check for the cost of the mag holder! If that's not outstanding customer service, I don't know what is.

I love my CBST and the company sure knows how to keep it's customers. It's one thing you probably won't get with a "knock off" company. Just thought I would share.

*To keep this on topic, I carry my EMP in my CBST.

2. Thanks for sharing your positive experience.

Their products are not for me, but it's always good to hear about companies like that.

3. G27RR

G27RR

Oct 11, 2010
    Texas
    You have a 28" waist? :whistling:

:supergrin: Glad they took care of you. I have a few of their holsters that I used when I wasn't carrying a 1911. They make good stuff.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    I haven't had a 28" waistline since I was 18-years-old and fresh out of Basic Training.

5. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    Crossbreed is definitely a great company! I had a ton of their stuff until I switched to Shielded Holsters, which is the same design and while a lot smaller, is just as easy to deal with. CBST opened up the doors for tons of companies and people to make similar designs to theirs. The huge thing i have seen is there are a ton of really good replicas. I have not found a company yet that makes anything that holds a candle to RCS' design

6. Buckfever4life

Buckfever4life

Mar 30, 2011
    try white hat holsters, they offer crossbreed type holsters with impregnated designs/color options, and are cheaper than crossbreed.

7. Buckfever4life

Buckfever4life

Mar 30, 2011
  8. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I'm a HUGE fan of CBST holsters and products. :thumbsup:

9. Fedor

Fedor

Apr 19, 2011
    Kansas
    My Son's Crossbreed arrived a couple of days ago, it's very nice.

10. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Liked my CBST carrying the HK. Something fundamentally wrong IMHO about carrying a 1911 in plastic. Just one man's opinion...

11. rigjumpr

rigjumpr

Dec 8, 2009
    Houston Tx.
    hell I have to go all the way back to being a junior in high school and brother that was a long time ago. :faint:

12. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog

Dec 12, 2008
    I own 2 CBST and the kydex on the one for my 1911 cracked and sent it in and had it back in 5 days with a new Kydex shell

My Glock one was an older one and the clip & Kydex broke. Sent it in and 5 days later I had a brand new holster.

Great customer service to me out ways a cheaper knock off.

13. craig19

craig19

Aug 13, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I ordered one a few weeks ago. Got an email, it shipped today, can't wait.

14. carguy2244

carguy2244

Jan 13, 2009
    I have CBST, and a Shielded brand.
    Both excellent quality and CS - but it takes time to grow accustomed to both.

15. ptmccain

ptmccain

Nov 7, 2010
    Missouri
    I bought one, tried it out and sold it. Wasn't for me.

16. Rimcrew

Rimcrew

Mar 17, 2009
    AZ
    The CBST is THE most comfortable IWB holster I own.

17. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Guys lets try to keep this on track...this was a thread I started about Crossbreed's awesome customer service, not which holster is better and why.

18. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Welllllllllll, in that case....the 1911 forum isn't the place for that post in the first place. :whistling:

19. rhino673

rhino673

Feb 7, 2010
    Big fan of crossbreed here! I've tried a certain other crossbreed knockoff and it is NOT the same. Similar , but IMO, it is well worth the extra dough for the real thing. Their customer service is fantastic.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  20. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nope, I made it relevant by saying I use it to carry my "non real 1911" around. :tongueout: