close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

crossbreed customization

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by gtoglocker, Feb 1, 2012.

1. gtoglocker

gtoglocker

Dec 17, 2011
    I recently got a crossbreed supertuck for my g26. I got it at a local shop, so score 1 for me. Unfortunately, it's the basic one. No combat cut and I can't get a firm grip on my glock before I draw.
    Has anybody ever customized the holster (cut) to allow them to get a full grip on the gun?
    Pic's are welcome!

2. DaneA

DaneA

Mar 7, 2011
    Chattanooga
    Yep, about half the people on here with one. Try the search function for further details.

3. gtoglocker

gtoglocker

Dec 17, 2011
    I did try searching. Both "custom crossbreed holster" and simply "crossbreed holster". Didn't come up with anything that popped out as what I would be looking for.

4. DaneA

DaneA

Mar 7, 2011
    Chattanooga
  5. rpew1

rpew1

Nov 29, 2011
    Maryland
    Instead of replying like a ****** why not just not reply?

6. gtoglocker

gtoglocker

Dec 17, 2011
    It would make sense that I didn't come up with the same results as you. seeing how we had different search terms. go figure.

7. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    Cut all mine around my gun to fit better. Here's a good pic of a cut one I mounted in my truck...
    [​IMG]

8. WASR10

WASR10

Oct 9, 2011
    California
    I don't have a crossbreed, but I customized my Kholster (similar design) with a combat style cut. I used my sharpest knife and "sawed" it along the lines I drew. Works great and is extremely comfortable!

9. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Jan 28, 2010
    Florida
    Some do. Depends on how it's used.

10. Pop Smoke

Pop Smoke

May 31, 2010
    It's easy to do. Rule of thumb is to decide how you want the shape of the cut to be and use a marker on the back of the leather to mark where you want the cuts to be so you can see it easily. I trimmed up a piece of cardboard for how I wanted the shape to be then traced it to the back of my holster before starting the cut. I need to modify my newest Supertuck to a combat cut.

Choose what you are going to cut it with wisely. Razor blades can be finicky with the Crossbreed's leather and may not allow cutting in curves as easily as leather tools will. A good pair of EMT shears might even do the trick.

I think I have a pair I can loan you if you need them. If they break I can always replace them, but they do cut through pennies so it shouldn't be a problem.

BTW, if you have the RTF, RTF2, or Gen 4 you need to be cautious with a combat cut. The frame texture can easily rough up your skin and tear up clothing if you're not careful. My RTF 17 got me recently when I demo'd a Supertuck for a student.

11. gtoglocker

gtoglocker

Dec 17, 2011
    I used a razor blade I had sitting in my tool box. Corners were a bit tricky, but I got it done and am happy with the way It came out. Yea I noticed right away that I needed some kind of undershirt. It was really rough on my skin. I went to walmart and got some cheap undershirts.