close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crome bolt carrier group. Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by southpaw45, Jan 10, 2011.

1. southpaw45

southpaw45
    Expand Collapse

Im about ready to pull the trigger and order a Rock River upper for the AR lower I just built. They are offering free upgrades right now for a crome BCG. Im not realy sure how its going to look but Im not to crazy about it. I would order it is there is an advantage to having a crome bolt. The only thing I could think of is that it might be easier to clean. Is there an advantage to having a crome bolt? What would you do? Im on the fence on this one. Thanks for your input. Heres the Upper. >>> http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=271

2. RMTactical

RMTactical
    Expand Collapse
    www.AR15pro.net
    CLM

I'd just get the standard BCG unless you are looking for improved reliability under lousy conditions. In that case, I would get a nickel boron BCG.

3. southpaw45

southpaw45
    Expand Collapse

Aw Man! I just noticed another thread thats simular to this one. Sorry about that. I guess I will learn from both of them. Lousy conditions it wont be. Just using this rifle for casual target shooting and coyotes..

4. timberwoof

timberwoof
    Expand Collapse

I've got a chrome carrier in my rifle, only because its a trunk gun. A grab and go rifle for patrol. I needed the extra reliability when I grabbed it.

5. mjkeat

mjkeat
    Expand Collapse

They dont chrome it for looks

If its free go for it. Increased reliability is never a wrong move.