close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Crock Pot......

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Walter45Auto, May 28, 2007.

1. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

May 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    How do I cook rice in a crock pot?? and about how long does it take?? I want to make some rice in mine.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

2. norm357

norm357

Feb 20, 2003
    Why would you? It only takes 30 minutes on the stove. If you need advice, just ask.

3. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

May 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    because sometimes I don't feel like standing in front of a stove to keep an eye on it.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

4. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Jun 14, 2005
    Tulsa
    use a heavy pot with a tight heavy lid.

bring salted water to rolling boil, as for spaghetti.

add rice all at once and bring back to rolling boil. (3-5 min)

cover and turn off heat. should foam up a touch, then self-seal.

let cool. (25 minutes)

for 'cajun' (dry, non sticky) rice, dump into colander and rinse with hot water, drain well.

otherwise, just eat it.

5. VictorLouis

VictorLouis

Mar 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm guessing no more than a couple of hours, particularly if it's JUST rice. The closest I've come is cooking some smoked back-bones and putting the rice in with them after they had simmered down.

6. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Mar 23, 2003
    >^..^<
    I admit it: I can't cook rice worth a crap. I can do basmatti, jasmine and instant but plain ol' el' cheapo white rice is beyond me.

One thing I do always do when I fix any type of rice is fix well over double what I think we will eat then. The next day I do fried rice :supergrin:

7. malkore

malkore

Dec 1, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    buy a $20 rice steamer. it'll work way better than tryin to crock pot it, trust me.

side note: crock pot cooking...never goes wrong! its the way I prefer a roast...cooked until its just falling apart.

8. Xenia

Xenia

Jun 6, 2007
    Michigan
    ok, here is a recipie to use your crock pot. But, I think it might come out overcooked. You will need to experiement with your pot.

2 cups converted white rice, uncooked (Uncle Ben's Converted Rice)
    4 1/2 cups water
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    2 teaspoons salt
    PREPARATION:
    Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, until rice is tender.
    Serves 6.

personally, I tend to cook the chicken in the crock pot, then when I get home, put the rice on the stove top and go change my clothes, make some veggies and by the time I am ready to eat... it is all done.