Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

CRKT... My last try.

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by green marauder, Jun 14, 2010.

1. green marauder

green marauder GLOCK MILITIA#1

I just got my 3rd and 4th replacement knives from CRKT for ones that broke. The first one was a McGinnis Tuition which the lock broke on in less than 6 months; they let me replace it with a Lake Thunderbolt 2. On that one the holes for the pocket clip were stripped they were very nice about it and told me to send it back and I could get another one or anything else and pay the difference. I picked the MT. Whitney which looked like a sturdy one. While I was waiting I did a review of the first two on their website it wasn’t a good one and they didn’t post it so after a few days I sent an e-mail asking if they only posted the good reviews, a few hours later I got an e-mail back and they wanted to send me my choice of an M16 or an M21-02 (which they call their bread and butter models) for all my troubles I picked the M21 I guess we'll see how they work out. I not sure about their products yet but with their great service I'm willing to give them one more chance. Wish me luck. :dunno:

2. Richard Simmons

Richard Simmons American Icon

Jul 29, 2006
    Good luck. I've never bought anything of theirs and probably never will. They have some decent stuff but I've just read too many reports of issues to take the chance.

3. para40

para40 curmudgeon

Sep 16, 2004
    Emerson knives. :cool:
  4. Good luck. I had a Mt. Whitney for about a week. Still have the scar on my leg from the one of about two dozen times it opened on its own while inside my pocket. :wow: CRKT makes some good knives, but the Summit serires aren't among them. I traded mine for an M-16 and haven't looked back. The M-16 and M-21 serires do not have the problem and the M-16 is my EDC.
  5. tripton

Jan 15, 2007
    I've never been overly impressed with anything CRKT. For the range they are in, its pretty easy to find better knives that are made in the USA.

If you really want a Taiwan made knife, get a Rat-1. It will hold it's own against any CRKT.
  6. Mjames

Mar 4, 2007
    I have carried a M16-01K EDC for about 3 years. Never had a problem.
  7. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    I like the M16-13 models, but I hate CRKT's blade edge.
    I takes a lot of work on the blade to get it to sharpen like a normal knife.
  8. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I've been EDCing and abusing an M21-04 for about 3 years now, no problems at all. About once a year I'll take it apart and replace the teflon and brass washers, and they always send them to me at no charge.
  9. bithabus

Jul 6, 2008
    Austin TX
    If this one breaks tell them you want a Hissatsu with assisted open. That's a good knife.
  10. itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    Can't ***** too much with that kind of service though. Sooner or later you'll get a keeper. That being said, they aren't trust your life with kind of knives. But for everyday, hey why not, at least they atan behind them.
  11. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    CRKT is great on customer service.
    Even going to far as to have a spare part order form on their website.
  12. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Never been a fan. They flex too danged much - scares the crap outta me.

I got a $15 M16-13Z and fooled around with another M16 a buddy used to carry. Not comforting at all.

And they are a bear to open swiftly. The thumbstud is buried in the plastic handle. Grrrr.
  13. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    If these break, get an Emerson because it won't.
  14. green marauder

I know that M16, my son got one 2 years ago at walmart and your rite its a totaly different knife compaired to the M21-02 it has NO plastic
  15. glockerbob

Apr 12, 2010
    had my m16 awhile and no complaints here
  16. harleyfx69

Jan 25, 2007
    in a desert
    they have problems too..

not impressed by the knives, but am impressed with the people and customer service
  17. green marauder

Yep and their all at no charge just call them and tell them what you need.
  18. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    I've never owned any of their folding knives, but I have a fixed "Stealth First Strike" that's an awesome EDC blade for $20. They don't sell it anymore. The only downside of it is that it has a pretty thin tang, but for $20 I can't complain.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  19. citori59

citori59 Lock Guru

Apr 11, 2006
    Altoona, Pennsylvania
    I've had an M16 for a little over 6 years. I use a knife very hard and have never had a problem. In fact I've been given spydercos and sogs but they just don't look like they will stand up to the abuse I've put my M16 through.
  20. repoman1984

repoman1984 under the pully

Oct 28, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I've carried the Bull and M16 for a long time I like them both a lot. The M16 I abused the snot out of as its my work knife and it gave out after 3 years of daily use. The bull has been my "pretty" knife for about 2 years now.