close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Critters and Caliber

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by elsielover, Jul 4, 2007.

1. elsielover

elsielover

Apr 27, 2007
    Off to the Side
    What do you all think is the nastiest four-legged creature that one might have to contend with in Michigan woods and forests and what caliber do you think is most appropriate to cover most (all) situations? As a relative newcomer to Michigan, I'm eager to hear what you all might have to say. Thanks.

2. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

Jan 7, 2002
    Canton Mi
    .308 would do the job for anything I know of. Of course, one fo the guys here has a M1 for sale. 8 rounds of 30-06 would also do quite well.

3. elsielover

elsielover

Apr 27, 2007
    Off to the Side
    Oops! I can't believe I was so unclear. What I meant was for a concealed handgun while fishing, hiking, etc. These holidays take their toll on lucid thinking when you get that early start on the suds.

4. the 10mm is a great round. I got my deer two years ago with one round of from my g-20. For concealed carry you might prefer the g-29

Tim

5. centennial

centennial

Jun 9, 2004
    Putting yourself between a mama black bear and her cub is probably the biggest danger in Michigans' woods, other than the occasional 2 legged retard.
    The Glock 10mm would be ok. I would go with a .44m wheel gun.

6. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Meat Popsicle

Mar 1, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Yup. Black Bears tend to go the other way when they hear or smell us.

10mm or .44 mag will suit your needs.

7. Criphunter44

Criphunter44 ALPHA BEAR

Jun 23, 2006
    North
    I agree with the "worst" being the 2 legged morons. Black bears will run 99% of the time unless it's really hungry or you surprise it.
    This time of year we also have the occasional case of rabies.
    A 10mm or a wheel gun in .44 mag/357mag or even .45 colt should be more than adequate.:thumbsup: