close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crispest trigger pull?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by theflatlander, Jul 19, 2012.

1. theflatlander

theflatlander

What have you guys found to be the cleanest breaking trigger connector and spring setup? I'm using the 3.5lb ghost rocket and 6.0lb spring. To me it seems kind of spongy and I have hard time judging when I am even close for the trigger to break. If I have to go to a higher spring weight and different connector for a nice clean trigger break so be it. I just like to research what works best for others.​

2. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

This is such a subjective, personal topic but I like my 23 with its Ghost Ranger 4.5lb connector, 6lb trigger spring. It keeps the break a surprise.

My 22 has a Glock minus (3.5/4.5lb) connector, stock trigger spring but a reduced power striker spring. It's almost as nice.

My Gen1 17 & 17rtf have a Glock minus connector and I am used to it now and like how stock breaks on it.

The Gen2 19 I am getting has a NY1 & stock 5.5 connector and I wasn't "feeling it" when I dry fired, but will try it out next week.

3. tonyparson

tonyparson

I like the 5.0 Ghost Tactical connector with the stock spring and a 25 cent trigger job. I put this set up in my G26 and my Gen 4 G19 and its real nice..

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. ParisArms

ParisArms

You may want the 25cent trigger job, or just dry fire the crap out of it. I found glock trigger to get better over time.
    Either option smooths the surfaces taking some of the grittiness out.

5. wagonm

wagonm

6. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Minus connectors in my Gen 3's, Dot connectors in my Gen 4's. Stock springs.

7. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

My trigger stuff and sights came in today from Brownells. For years now I have been using the 3.5 Ghost Rocket and stock springs, but this time I wanted to try something different. I am still using the Ghost Rocket 3.5, but I also went with Wolff Extra Power (6#) striker spring, AND Wolff 6# trigger spring. Just did 4 Glocks like this and with Ameriglo Hackathorn setups, and the triggers feel really nice. I also did the $0.25 trigger job polishing everything up while I was in the internals of each pistol.

Will see next range trip how it goes, but from a dry fire standpoint I like it. The spring change really seems to have cleaned up the mushy feel you're talking about.

(Thanks ArchAngel) :wavey:

8. theflatlander

theflatlander

I am glad to see every one likes the same trigger set up :rofl:I didn't think that I would find one answer. I was just trying to find a average on what people like from therepliess to the topic. ​

9. Walk Soft

Walk Soft

I have tried a lot of different connectors.As far as crisp goes it'd be the Glockworx Zevtech V4 race connector for sure.A competition spring kit also adds to the crispness.
    http://[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  10. Focus

Focus

I put the same setup in my 34 and it really took out a lot of the sponge feeling along with adding a nice crisp break.

11. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

Ghost rocket connector,6 lb trigger spring,reduced power safety plunger spring and a complete polish job.

12. TTex

TTex Cannon Fodder

I went back to stock. After playing around with the connector I came to the conclusion that Glock had it right to begin with. (YMMV)

13. Chronos

Chronos

Stock connector, 6lb trigger spring, reduced power safety plunger spring.

I also tried an aftermarket connector, but went back due to the spongy letoff. Basically I wanted to lighten the pull a bit while keeping a crisp break resembling a SA pull as much as possible, and was not willing to compromise the strength of the striker impact with a lighter striker spring. The above setup reduces the weight of the factory trigger pull by maybe a pound, but leaves a crisp break intact, with zero reliability deficit -- I personally find it a confidence inspiring combination for carry.

14. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Here's a little tip on the 25c trigger job: don't just polish the head of the safety plunger, polish the entire circumference of the sides as well. The plunger, while being driven upward by the triggerbar, makes much more contact with the slide than with that triggerbar.

15. barth

barth six barrels

+1
    I like the Ghost 3.5 drop in and an NY1 myself.
    NY1 gives a more consistent pull and positive reset IMHO.
    No surprises.

I also agree that triggers are a very subjective and personal subject.
    Best bet is to get a variaty of springs, connectors, a Glock tool
    and have at it.
    Experimentation can be part of the advantage and fun of owning a Glock.

The only person that can tell you what the best trigger set up is -
    is you.

16. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

You aren't supposed to tell when the trigger is going to break... Apply smooth even pressure, the break should be a surprise. If you know exactly when it breaks it would create a staging effect and throw your shots.

Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong

17. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

I agree with this and do not waste your money on a titanium plunger. I could not tell any difference from the polished stock plunger. I put the stock plunger back in.

18. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

ghost rocket with the angled cut, RP striker and titanium striker, RP FP safety and RP spring and hand fit and polish the movements. 2 lbs break and crisp, very little reset. Only has pretravel, which i dont mine since i prep the trigger.

19. ctfireman

ctfireman

It's kinda strange. i did a .25 job & a ghost 3.5 connector on both my gen 2.5 G30 & my new G34 & the G30 seems nicer. Maybe it's just more broken in.

20. texas 48

texas 48 Gold Member

Rocket Ghost 3.5 6 lb trigger spring
    and 6 lb striker spring polished internal and rounded trigger block= 4.3 lb pull crisp and clean.
    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2