close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Crisp County, Ga going to the 37

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by billpole, Jan 30, 2010.

1. billpole

billpole

Sep 21, 2007
    Georgia
    If the rumor mill is true, Crisp County Sheriff's Department in Cordele, Ga. will be going to the gap in April or May...issue round will be the 200 grain Speer Lawman HP.

2. pmj

pmj

Jan 9, 2010
    North Carolina
    Excellent - hope the rumor mill is correct!

Maybe that will encourage Glock to speed up the process to make the GAP pistols available in the Gen 4 version.

3. legacy38

legacy38 Millennium Member

Mar 13, 1999
    The Chief Deputy of the Crisp County Sheriff's OFFICE is a former GSP Trooper. It wouldn't shock me to see him adopting the same weapon as the GSP.

4. m4arc

m4arc

Dec 6, 2003
    Virginia Beach
    Ummmm...I believe at least one LE organization has already gotten a commitment from Glock for Gen4 G37s. I'll try and find the thread...

5. pmj

pmj

Jan 9, 2010
    North Carolina
    M4arc -

If I'm not mistaken, the pistols for both the Florida and South Carolina HP will be Gen 4 versions.

Regards,
    pmj

6. billpole

billpole

Sep 21, 2007
    Georgia
    Legacy, it appears you are familar with my red headed Colonel.!!!
    For what it's worth, not sure which gen glock we will be getting...but will try to find out....I knoiw we are going with the Speer 200 Gr. load, and Safariland ALS holsters....there will be a mixture of 37's, 38's, and 39's. issued according to the officer's assignment.
    Bill

7. legacy38

legacy38 Millennium Member

Mar 13, 1999
    I'm carrying a G38 in a Comp-Tac paddle slide around the office, but I also have a G37 with which I have qualified. I have one of the Safariland 6360 that accepts a TLR-1 on a MLS attachment.

The jeffe has a G38 but just got a 39 that he is carrying.

8. billpole

billpole

Sep 21, 2007
    Georgia
    According to the purchasing officer..the new Crisp County guns will be 4th gen.

9. mesteve2

mesteve2

Mar 2, 2001
    USA
    I hope more and more go to the GAP's.:wow:

It will stop the bad guys.:whistling:

:supergrin:

10. srd

srd

Apr 4, 2009
    You would think that with more LE going to the GAP that there would be after market barrels available besides Barsto for the 37. Hopefully things will improve.

11. i wonder if you meant 200 gr speer gold dots. the lawman line is usually for training purposes. did they come out with a new sd line of ammo?

12. billpole

billpole

Sep 21, 2007
    Georgia
    My bad....the carry round probably will be gold dot.

13. This.

I don't participate in caliber hate, but how the GAP hasn't toppled over the .40 dominance in LE by now perplexes me.:eyebrow:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  14. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    It's getting there. On the State Agency level, 5 of 49 States use the G37. How many of the remaining 44 States use the G22?

Hawaii does not have a State Agency.

15. mhmills

mhmills

Aug 15, 2007
    Kansas
    Kansas almost went with the G37 but in the end went G21sf.

16. They traded in there 21's for the SF's. Have a couple in the store around here.

BD