close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Crimson trace lg question

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by fla2760, Aug 17, 2010.

1. fla2760

fla2760

Aug 12, 2006
    FL
    I have a set of Crimson Trace laser grips on my 642-1 and I am happy with them. I am considering the CT Sub-Compact Glock Laser Grip LG-626 for my Glock27. My question is will these require some new holsters? I currently carry IWB in either a Don Hume leather rig with no thumb break or a DeSantis Dual Carry rig with the thumb break. Thanks in advance.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    I haven't memorized the model numbers, but if your CT unit has the backstrap-mounted laser, it'll probably be OK in an open top holster; a little cutting might be required depending on the style. Some thumb-break or security designs could be problematic.

If you've gone with the LaserGuard style which attaches to the trigger guard at the front and mounts under the dust cover of the frame, then yes, you will need a special holster.

Contact Crimson Trace toll free at 1-800-442-2406, and I suspect they'll be able to give you a list of holster-makers who can provide for your needs.

best,
    Mas