close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CRBing the 7.62X39

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by DoctaGlockta, Sep 18, 2012.

1. I recently rediscovered my AK and want to shoot (plink) it more.

I've been researching reloading the round and want to see who here has used lead boolits. Jacketed are too expensive and really make it not worth it compared to buying steel cased eastern block ammo.

I know I may run into some fouling of the piston tube but from what I gather this is not a big issue.

I have plenty of boxer 7.62X39 brass. I think I may use Unique to charge them but may get some more H322 which I have used before with 150 grain .308 plated bullets.

I've looked over the interwebs for 125 grainish lead .308 - .311 rifle bullets but have had little luck.

I have found these

http://www.missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=105&category=6&secondary=&keywords=

I guess I could cast :shocked: but I'm pretty lazy. Lee has a 155 grain two cavity mold that may do the trick.

Wondering if any of you chaps have done the same.

Thanks in advance Gentlemen.

2. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

3. steve4102

steve4102

Jan 2, 2009
  4. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    You could probably use some .32 rifle bullets also and just resize them. A Lee sizer kit is not that expensive.