Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Craigslist makes turning food stamps into cash a SNAP

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by RussP, Oct 22, 2013.

1. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    That's the number they say is for trafficking. From your link:
    They misquoted the USDA report, The Extent of Trafficking in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program: 2009–2011
    . Here is what the USDA said:
    There is that ³. It says:
    Is it an indication that supermarkets might be under-targeted for investigations. There are plenty of chains with stores located where economic lines blend, merge. USDA calls it the "Poverty level of the store’s neighborhood."

Store violation rates really vary based on poverty levels and urbanization levels. Investigations are focused on the store types in certain locations frequented by customers at certain income levels.

The USDA report is interesting read, more complete than the article in the original link.
    Always go to the source documents.
    Why do you call it "Faux Outrage?"

It points out problems in a system. The problem is being addressed. Do we all agree the efforts are properly focused? Do we agree that the efforts are strong enough? We probably do not.
  2. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    Typical response of a liberal. Government waste justifies more government waste.

3. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I'm in favor of going back to the depression "soup kitchens"'s an idea that worked for those who truly needed help to prevent starvation.

Besides, if there were no food stamps, there would be almost no starvation anyway......but, a lot of those prior recipients will have to use their disposable income for food. Goodbye to cell phones, Xboxes, drugs, and whatever else isn't necessary to subsist.

4. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Hey, as any liberal will tell you, don't worry about the fraud and waste, we can just print more money to pay for it.

It's just like having a giant money tree.

And, any Tea Party people who tell you different are racist and crazy.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  5. Ain't nobody got time for that.

This. Until I see innocent victims of starvation I'll support limiting such aid to volunteer private organizations.

Bring it on, I didn't stock up on ammo just for paper punching. I'm smiling now.

No, come to my house! I've got cookies!

Troll just violated the TOS with that picture.:wavey:
  6. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    how much have you idiots wasted on obongo care? and cash for clunkers, and every other failed program, yet, you'll sit here an fake giving a rat's ass about the well being of our country, while pointing out as government shutdown?
  7. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Not to mention the "transparency" is on par with a brick wall.:steamed:

8. The truth is the vast majority of liberals (Obama butt kissing bleeding heart idiots) don’t care about facts they believe only propaganda delivered from their masters. Given enough time liberals will turn America in to a western china with two classes the elite rulers and the majority as abused and used workers whose only hope is to not be too abused or killed by their masters. Liberals are not real Americans they are willing to embrace a political system that has failed several times throughout history but hay they don’t believe history any more than they do facts.

P.S. if the leech class want my stuff they will have to outlast my ammo supply.:wavey:
  9. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I honestly don't care.

Just give them the money in cash and cut out the middle man.

If we limited this to people that needed the money in order to eat this wouldn't even be an issue. The poor who still have some integrity aren't doing this anyway.

As a matter of fact, while we are at it why don't we total up all their entitlements and give it all to them in cash?

Look where all these attempts at government control have landed us.

Happyguy :)
  10. madbaumer

Mar 17, 2007
    Cental Florida
    I'm not mama had me tested! :supergrin: