close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cracking a Win 7 logon password

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jwagess, Oct 4, 2011.

1. jwagess

jwagess

Aug 23, 2006
    My grandaughter(9yoa) forgot her win 7 pwd for her toshiba laptop. Is there a way to get in. The administrator account is locked too.

2. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008

3. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    Yes, there is a way to get in. It might seem corny, but I won't post it on an open forum.

Just so you know, I've seen the Unix solution screw up a system so bad the Operating System had to be reinstalled.

4. jellis11

jellis11 Yippee-ki-yay

Jul 27, 2011
    South Kakalaki
    On desktops, back in the day, people would set passwords on school computers... There is a jumper that you could pull and it would reset all passwords.

I have been rocking a mac for years... but maybe that jumper is something that has hung around?

5. The jumper is still there, but it resets the BIOS password, not the OS password. Different animal.

6. sappy13

sappy13

Sep 30, 2007
    Bremen, GA
    I use a program called "active boot disk" or "spotmau" to wipe passwords. U won't get the password back since it does not recover, but if u have physical access to the pc u can wipe that pass as soon as the disk boots

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. Sgt. Schultz

Sgt. Schultz Annoying Member

8. gemeinschaft

gemeinschaft AKA Fluffy316

Feb 7, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I use Ophcrack.

It works really well, just make sure that you get the version for Win7.

In the future, I would recommend creating an administrator account for yourself, that way you can log in and fix her profile when she forgets.

9. This...never tried it on Winbloze 7 though.

10. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    A coworker uses Ophcrack on the lost and found computers. It works "most" of the time.

And I agree, create yourself an Admin account with a complex non-expiring password and non-lockout.