close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Cracked Slide Old G20

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Tazz10m, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator Moderator Millennium Member

Last night i was looking at the front of my G20 considering a flashlight mount for it and low and behold i noticed what looked like a horizontal crack in the guide rod hole "lobe" that's just under the barrel hole in the slide. So, of course i pulled the slide off and got out a magnifying glass and sure enough, several horizontal cracks on each side of the hole and the lobe was even bent in a bit. I also noticed a dent in the bottom of the lobe where it must have contacted either a large rock or concrete floor. I'm not going to blame this on anyone but myself because i can remember dropping the gun before and i've even watched a customer drop it at a show once... so... my bad. And so, also, yeah, it DOES happen... and it easily can have enough force to crack it exactly like it's cracked. At any rate, i obviously need to replace the slide... *sniff*... I already called Glock and left a message, but, i have to ask; What is the "fast track" best way to get a new slide that will fit and work with this old frame? It's one of the original low serial number G20's. I'm so bummed.

2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Dang... that sucks. I would be bawling if anything happened to Shelly!

3. oceanbob

oceanbob

Jun 26, 2010
    wow.that sucks....I have an older Gen2 as well. Same exact frame as the new models. Including the G21. You could pimp it out with a lonewolf bare slide and just swap out the internals.

Good luck finding something...

Be well

Bob

4. Taterhead

Taterhead Counting Beans

Dec 13, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
  5. The Pirate

The Pirate HARRRRR!!!

Nov 7, 2006
    Walltown, KY
    That would be a bad day. I feel for ya. I'm sure it'll be fixed before you know it though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine