close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crack Pipes at Gas Stations

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Gonzoso, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Gonzoso

Gonzoso
    Expand Collapse

Is anyone else offended when they see their local gas station selling crack pipes?

I've lived in my rural community all my life. Over the years people from other lands have purchased all the mom and pop gas stations and sell whatever they can. When they were legal they sold bath salts, and they sell "glass roses" which are merely glass tubes for smoking crack.

The old store owners would not sell such things.

Call me old fashioned but I don't like crackheads, and I feel as a society we should discourage its use. I feel selling paraphernalia to smoke crack is showing people that there is some level of acceptance of this behavior.

When I went to the gas station yesterday I saw them selling these glass roses and I calmly but sternly expressed my opinion on the matter, after making sure the owner knew what they were for. He knew they were for smoking crack and told me as much.

I told him basically what I wrote above and that I would no longer be patronizing the store of someone who supports crack use in my community and walked out.

Does anyone else care about this? Anyone else bothered by it?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. skinny99

skinny99
    Expand Collapse
    Crew Chief

It matters to me. I only shop at Race-Trac gas stations when possible. Around here the little habib stores are a haven for drugs and prostitution. They let it happen and are partly to blame. Most are also very unclean and poorly lit. Both pet peeves of mine for any business.

I am a car salesman, so trust me when I say business's only exist to make money, but when you won't clean, maintain or properly light and organize your store, you are blatantly showing contempt for your customers.

3. jhoagland

jhoagland
    Expand Collapse
    That's right!
    Lifetime Member

I suspect the new crack users will overcome your lack of business there. Sad but true. It is a convenience store after all. If they didn't have that they'll just buy (or steal) a tire gauge to smoke it in. Hell all they need is a plastic soda bottle and a bic pen with some tinfoil and they are smokin' back. You ain't gonna stop it like that.

Education. Yep, that's where the real progress is made.

4. tarpleyg

tarpleyg
    Expand Collapse

You did the right thing. The only thing that will get their attention is if people stop coming in and spending money.

5. DoubleWide

DoubleWide
    Expand Collapse

I don't like it either. It's not just for crack as more people are using it for marijuana now.

6. jakebrake

jakebrake
    Expand Collapse
    cracker

i seem to remember something called....what was it?

oh yeah...

the drug device and cosmetic act.

opposite corner of the state...yeah, i get tired of seeing it too.

7. USMCsilver

USMCsilver
    Expand Collapse
    Boat Life ©

They'll always get it from somewhere...

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab via Tapatalk2

8. RenoF250

RenoF250
    Expand Collapse

I almost never shop at convenience stores because they are scummy places in general. I buy most of my gas from a cardlock gas station which is kept clean and free of drifters.

9. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford
    Expand Collapse
    > OD Glock 32

Friend, that man is selling glass roses. He cannot help that the buyers use them for nefarious purposes.

It's no different than a gun-store selling to guys that may/may not be gang-bangers.

But, yes, I think it's silly. I also think that crack smokers will find other objects to use to smoke. You ever see a car that is missing it's radio antennae? Crackheads will break off those things just to smoke from. I've had at least 3 cars fall victim.

/it wasn't until later I found out the reason.

10. 686Owner

686Owner
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

We used to just take all the tire gauges off the shelf at our inner city stores. Maybe if they can't find their tire gauges they will "shop" somewhere else.
    Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. Gonzoso

Gonzoso
    Expand Collapse

Several posts have indicated that other things can be used to smoke crack, and that they will always get it from somewhere.

This is true and I know crack use cannot be solved by banning things.

The issue I am addressing here is that selling such things in a community store, right out in the open is paramount to supporting illegal narcotic use.

Just because a person can make a buck of something doesn't mean its right.

The same people from distant lands also opened a smoke shop directly across the street from the high school which specializes in bongs, hookahs, and glass pipes, and who also sold fake weed and bath salts.

It really comes down to morals their lack thereof.

12. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701
    Expand Collapse
    Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Can't say I really care.

13. el_jewapo

el_jewapo
    Expand Collapse

I've never seen what I'd call a "crack pipe" in a store around here. A lot of weed pipes, but no crack pipes. Now, the older I get, the less I like going in stores, and when I do, I don't do much browsing. So I may have just missed them. I have to ask though, do you know a "weed pipe" from a "crack pipe"?

The difference to me would be that weed pipes are usually pretty blown glass with designs and colors. From what I've seen of crack pipes, it's just straight clear glass. Never seen a crack pipe in person.

14. jakebrake

jakebrake
    Expand Collapse
    cracker

as long as greed is good, morals are expendable

15. countrygun

countrygun
    Expand Collapse

It makes you wonder when people say "Oh what the heck? We might as well make a buck off it too"

If folks don't get it, you can't explain it to them. Don't try it's like trying to explain the color green to a blind audience.

16. 6forsure

6forsure
    Expand Collapse

Don't care. Anyone mad about rolling papers, beer/liquor/wine, tobacco, girly mags, condoms, 10% ethanol fuel......too?

17. Gonzoso

Gonzoso
    Expand Collapse

So you're comparing playboy to smoking rocks?

18. Angry Fist

Angry Fist
    Expand Collapse
    *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad
    2. Show Me Glockers

Not offended. Population control.

19. RustyShackelford

RustyShackelford
    Expand Collapse
    > OD Glock 32

I was just being facetious (mostly) in my above response. I totally get what you're saying and understand your stance.

To your reference about the smoke-shop right across from the street from a high-school, I thought that only happened in Indiana. The neighborhood of Broad Ripple (in Indianapolis) has at least two stores right across the street from the area high-school. It really boggles the mind.

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

I used to feel the same as you but then one day I broke my crack pipe. I was damned glad to be able to replace it right quickly.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine