close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Couple of Questions

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by 2ninersavo, Jan 12, 2010.

1. 2ninersavo

2ninersavo

Dec 29, 2009
    Hi,
    I need to ask a few questions. Thanks for any replies.
    First, how tight is the front sight to be tightened? I know its small but it will take alot of stress from the recoil.
    Second, I want to use either Trijicons or Meps, which one will give the the most light between the front and rear in daylight conditions. The guns will be a 17 and 19.
    Thanks 29R

2. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

Feb 1, 2006
    S.A. TEXAS
    Very tight, also put a drop of locktite on it,trigicons let more light in. I like mepros better , just my opinion..................................................:wavey:

3. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Dec 2, 2005
    1) Clean all contact surfaces with alcohol and blast dry with canned air. Clean fingers with alcohol too & blast dry. Remember, alcohol's flammable!

Put a small drop of Red Loctite on all contact surfaces and attach sight. I tighten the sight 1/4 - 1/2 turn past finger tight with a wrench. Make sure any final adjustment is a tightening adjustment.

Clean off excess Loctite with Q-tips and patches.

Let sit 24-hours.

That's it! I've never had a front sight come loose!

2) Trijicons are the better target sights. Avoid solvents and scrubbing on the sight's white O-rings, as they'll wipe off.

Judy has Trijicons on her G19, and they've held up fine, plus they're great target sights!

--Ray