Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Counterfeiter can't keep his presidents straight

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by jacquejet, Nov 15, 2012.

1. jacquejet

Oct 18, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
  2. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    Some of the bills I have seen passed are pretty pitiful, even printed on computer paper.

The suspects I have caught purposely went to busy convenience stores during a busy time of day to ensure the cashier was in a hurry and distracted.

Since most businesses use a marker to check bill $20 and above I am seeing a lot more small bills counterfeited. I am also seeing a lot more $5 bills washed and printed over with larger bills so they still mark as a valid bill.

It doesn't surprise me at all that some of the bills passed, I'd be willing to bet a lot of clerks couldn't tell you who is supposed to be on a $100 bill if you caught them off guard.

For some reason the Walmart gas station in my jurisdiction is where we get 95% of of our forged currency complaints. Dont know if thats because people choose it to pass bills for some reason, or becuase they are doing more to check for phony bills.