Counter-Kidnapping Course - Any interest?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by RJ1670, Nov 28, 2012.

1. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

I'm not that forgiving.'08.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I forgot, what movie was that from?
    Been trying to think of it but it's not popping into my old brain.

3. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

I am interested... but with some caveats: where, when and how much $$?

If my assumption that the course would be in Pennsylvania is accurate then I would not be interested.

If you plan on having some West Coast/California offerings, and the price and timing work out, then I am very interested.

My interest is mostly academic, but I did procure K&R coverage for my company earlier this year and I am responsible for risk/security/safety so I do have some legitimate professional interest as well, though our exposure is pretty darn low.
  4. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

Dang it.'08. :rant: :tongueout:
  6. Demand for the service is dependent upon price... at $500 I'm definitely interested, but at $5000 I have no interest at all.

Course curriculum is critical for my decision and I'll question the value of counter -surveillance for a business/ tourist traveler since many of these kidnappings are almost "impulse and opportunity" events.

Don't discount the value of counter kidnapping skills since all of us are targets in the third world. We're rich (all American are rich in this world and a $5000 ransom is 5 years earnings) or we're CIA spies (you'll confess after torture) or you have propaganda value (heads will roll).
  7. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

I'm interrested, but know two things to be true.

1. If it's more than 300 miles from my house, I'm not going to make it. Being in the middle of the continenal US, this means most training is too far away.

2. If the price is not disclosed up front, I probably can't afford it. For the price I can pay, there isn't much available.
  8. I'm afraid this is my answer as well, simply due to time and finances.