close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

could you do without an AR15?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by FiremanJim, Jan 15, 2013.

1. FiremanJim

FiremanJim Gold Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Florida
    I have a PS90 and a Colt M4
    I have 2k rounds for each and about 15 mags for each.I have been debating selling the Colt due to the "craze" and the fact that I could use a few extra thousand in the bank.
    My question is ,would you guys feel comfortable without an AR platform 5.56 rifle and feel adequate with a SBR PS90 with a couple of thousand rounds instead?Feeling the desire to sell while the fire is hot.....:whistling:

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    If you go through life thinking that you can't live without an AR15 (or AK, or PS90, or FAL) then something is seriously wrong with you.

If you want to sell, then sell and get your money's worth out of it now. Even if there were an assault weapon ban again, the cost isn't going to be any higher because nobody has squat for sales right now anyway. It's already a high desire/high demand item.

3. FiremanJim

FiremanJim Gold Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Florida
    true,I Got my PS90 a couple of years ago because I thought it was interesting rifle and a buddy had an airsoft rifle that was a copy .I just got into AR's the last year and honestly have not shot either that much.My pistols are what are fun to me.I have the PS90 SBR'd so cant really sell it easily so I will prob have it forever.

4. HalfHazzard

HalfHazzard Señor Member

Feb 7, 2012
    Republic of Texas
    I go through life without going to church on Sunday because I don't "need" to, I have my own personal relationship God, that's all we really "need."

I also don't always vote, I don't "need" to do that because lots of other people already do that, and what does my vote really matter anyway?

I don't always retain legal counsel in court proceedings because if I'm in trouble the prosecution is probably right, so I don't really "need" a lawyer to plead guilty.

I don't really "need" adequate compensation when the government needs my land to build a highway, I'll just let them have it for all of us.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I had one, sold it during the last "panic" for crazy money. I have a M-1s (Garands and carbines), SOCOM16, AKs and a Mini 14, don't miss an AR at all.

6. Rancher

Rancher

Jun 3, 2003
    SW Missouri
    Sell it if you don't need it or shoot it much and want some cash. I'm keeping mine. I don't "need" my PTR-91 however my 16 yo. son thinks he may "need" it one day so I'm keeping it for him.

To each their own.

Rancher

7. Andy W

Andy W

Dec 4, 2006
    Kansas
    Keep it just to give a middle finger to the gun grabbers. They want you to get rid of it. Don't give them the satisfaction.

8. I'm a believer in the SMaj Plumley school of thought (emphasis mine):

"...if the time comes I need one, there'll be plenty lying on the ground."

9. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Texas
    I could do without it, but I don't want to.

10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    He's going to sell it to another gun owner for an ass load of money. The gun is still in circulation and he makes a ton of money on something that he neither wants nor "needs".

11. JimIsland

JimIsland

Aug 1, 2011
    Charleston,SC
    I could do without mine....as a matter of fact, if I was limited to a couple of firearms there would be a Glock 17 and a 10/22 with me. I have an AR15, Ruger mini, AK, etc..because I can and I love firearms. If I needed a little extra cheese, I would sell it in a heart beat.

12. I know the feeling, I have a chance on a good deal for an AR, but I have a Ranch rifle/mini-14 now with several mags and about 1500 rounds, do I need an AR? Prolly not, do I want an AR? Of course I do! Who wouldn't....don't answer that....do what you feel, and pick another up after the panic is over

13. FiremanJim

FiremanJim Gold Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Florida
    You almost sound angry....I have Been thinking of selling but don't know how much.by the way ,what's an "ass load"? Sounds nasty!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  14. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    You bet I could, and have. Lived this long without one. Plus the mini 14 and SKS will do more for me than any AR ever will.

15. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    I never owned an AR/AK. And really had no interest in one.
    I'm a Pistolero myself.
    If I can't carry and conceal it?
    I'm really not interested.
    But with this attack on our gun rights I felt compelled to to make a statement.
    So I bought a FU Obummer Commemorative AK, mags and ammo.

As for your situation?
    Even with 2K rounds.
    That ammo may be a real issue years from now.
    And we all want to keep shooting to keep our proficiency up.
    My AK is chambered in 5.56/.223 just for that reason.

So If I were you and wanted to sell?
    It would be the PS90 and 2K of ammo. Not the AR

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  16. I was planning on buying an AR sometime this year, but this whole mess speed up my purchase.

I was lucky to find one that wasn't being price gouged!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

17. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    That's why the trench coat was invented.

That's why I bought the latest Colt. I didn't want one before then.

Get into reloading.

18. number1gun

number1gun

Dec 3, 2012
    Of course I can live with out it. I have a good redneck friend that put it in perspective.
    " if things get so bad that I really think I need a gun like that.. I will just get my scoped hunting rifle and get what I need."