close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

COSTCO shooting of Eric Scott Coroner Inquest

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by dmacker, Sep 22, 2010.

1. dmacker

dmacker

May 22, 2004
    Northeast Ohio
    "Costco employee Colleen Kullberg took the stand late Wednesday and said she saw Scott as he was confronted by police outside the store. She says she saw Scott pull his gun from his waistband and aim it at officers before being shot.

Owens, a doctor treating Scott, alluded to Scott's longtime battle with drugs and mental illness as the possible catalyst for the incident.

"Abuse of street drugs, bipolar disorder, chronic depression he was trying to treat with use of painkillers, suicidal ideations and one comment, 'It's literally a matter of time before my faking it at work is going to show,'" said Owens."

The above testimony at the public coroner inquest into the shooting sheds a different light then the image of a West Point and Duke graduate with a great career and the world by the tail impression of Scott put forth by his family and friends after the shooting by police.

The inquest is being broadcast live on KLAS and began today. It is expected to last all week with about 22 witnesses to take the stand. Scotts father released a list of approximately 30 drugs he said his son was taking.
    Three doctors have taken the stand and testified that some of the drug levels in Scotts system were at lethal levels.

The family still insists that Scott was murdered by the police. So far the evidence does not support that accusation. It will be very interesting how this all shakes out.

2. Keith5579

Keith5579 STONEHOUSE

Apr 23, 2003
    Alabama
    Dmacker, can you post a link to this story?

3. His own physician said all that about his mental state? His own family provided a list of 30 medications he was taking at the time? I can wait another week or so for the entire inquest to shake out.

4. The-Fly

The-Fly The Bofh

Apr 27, 2005
    Colorado
    I've learned to hold my opinion when stuff like this happens until there's a cool off period and the full story comes out.

And this case (and the way the public reacted to it) is the perfect reason why I do so.....

5. Kegs

Kegs Ol 8 fingers ;)

Oct 26, 2009
    Cold side of conus
    So this is the spin now?

Edited to say I Just read the second link. I still believe this is the primary cause of this incident:

Combat zone training for police = very unfortunate overreaction.

What a disappointing mess.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  6. Pepper45

Pepper45

Jun 15, 2006
    How nice. With your expertise, opinions, and information, shouldn't you be testifying at the inquest?

7. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Apr 30, 2000
    Lexington, KY
    I didn't know that shooting people who were pointing guns at you was a tactic that you only learned in combat zone training. I also didn't realize that shooting someone who was already aiming a gun at you or another person was considered an unfortunate overreaction.

Oh, wait. It's not anywhere in the real world. It's only considered an overreaction by supercool operators who graduated from Chairborne Ranger school.

Please, feel free to enlighten us more.

8. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Now that's funny. Your avitar shows you in "tactical" style pants shooting combat style. Hope you're not one of those do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do people. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9. dmacker

dmacker

May 22, 2004
    Northeast Ohio
    "Dr. John Pierce is director of the Ageless Forever Preventative Medicine Clinic. Pierce's name surfaced in a blog written by Scott's father, William, who indicated his son received legal growth hormones and bioidentical hormones under Dr. Pierce's care.

Dr. Pierce says being ex-military himself, he would have remembered meeting Scott, but he says he never did.

"I want to make it clear, first off, that Mr. Scott has never been a patient of mine. I have never met him professionally or personally," he said. "If he had a prescription with my name on it, I don't know where he got it."

Scott's girlfriend, Samantha Sterner, who was shopping with him the day he died at Costco, used to work at the Ageless Forever clinic. Dr. Pierce says she was terminated in June or July of last year."

In looking for answers to this tragedy of circumstances, could this have been the source of some of his narcotics and the reason for her termination. Another doctor testified that he terminated Scott as a patient because he had doubled up on his pain medication in violation of the doctor's directions.
    Scott's father said he was injured in parachute training but there has been no other indication of a military disability. It also sounds like he had told his girlfriend that he was a Green Beret. Could this all be a case of Murphy's law.

10. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    Oh snap! Boosted a script pad it sounds like!

11. Yeah, and I've said this previously, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the gf is a pill head who enjoyed the cornucopia of his medicine cabinet. But it wasn't street drugs, and they're good looking clean cut upper middle class white america with a CCW, so a certain segment of society more than willingly turns a blind eye.

12. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    :popcorn:

13. AZLawDawg

AZLawDawg Oh, Oh, Oh!!

Sep 10, 2005
    Phoenix Metro
    exactly.

14. AZLawDawg

AZLawDawg Oh, Oh, Oh!!

Sep 10, 2005
    Phoenix Metro
    The problem is the bad, evil, terrible, trigger happy police, were too inept to see the halo that comes with every CCW permit.

15. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Jan 2, 2007
    One State Fair Queen/CCW banner could have prevented this-

[​IMG]