close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Costco policy change?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by G26AZ, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

May 10, 2002
    You are confused. Far from the same thing.

2. nksmfamjp

nksmfamjp

Oct 29, 2002
    Really? Both are a violation of your rights...RKBA being a constitutional right.

3. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Nope. Two different things. I, as a property owner, have a right to decide how my property is used. To include whether permit-holders carry weapons on it. Not the same as race/gender/etc. There is no constitutional right to occupy someone else's property, much less carry a gun there.

4. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    By your "logic", a person can hold an anti-gun rally on your private property, without your permission, and there isn't a single thing you could do about...since freedom of speech is a constitutionally protected right.

:whistling:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  5. willy1094

willy1094

Feb 11, 2002
    Kentucky
    So I could have told those guys to leave?!?! :wow: I shocks me that people STILL do not know that your rights do not trump property owners'. Go into Kroger and start yelling swear words and mocking other customers. You have the right under the 1A but I doubt you'll be a guest there very long.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  6. TunaFisherman

TunaFisherman Halibut Hunter

Dec 10, 2009
    West of the East coast
    Law info here in Wa says that you cannot carry a weapon on private property, if the owner posts signage stating that they do not want weapons on their property. This is included with the state restrictions of no carry in bars, schools and courts ect...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  7. willy1094

willy1094

Feb 11, 2002
    Kentucky
    Whether or not the signs carry the weight of the law varies state to state. There is no state that will tell you that you can remain on private property after being asked to leave.