close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

CorBon 9mm Luger 125gr HC

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Lapietra, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Just picked up some 9mm Luger ammo from a local seller.

It's CorBon 9mm Luger 125gr HC.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge about this load?

I cannot find any info on it via google or on CorBon's website.

I would like to know if it is safe to fire out of my Glock's.

Thanks,

Lap

2. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

May 31, 2011
    This?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp4P_VG1GfU"]Cor-Bon 125gr 9mm - YouTube[/ame]

3. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    CorBon is reputed to be an excellent self-defense JHP round and yes, you can shoot it in your Glock without any worries I know of. It's loaded "hot" but not to the edge that some ammo companies push their rounds. It took a single box of DPX for me to understand just how pricey CorBon is.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  4. The ammo is not JHP its cone shaped. Here is a picture of the ammo and the box.

Attached Files:

5. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Lifetime Member

Sep 20, 2004
    FEMA REGION III
    Its hard cast 9mm. I have no expirence with this round, but penetration should be impressive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

6. Merkavaboy

Merkavaboy Code-7A KUZ769

Interesting! I never knew this load existed. If you want to know the particulars of this load contact Mike Shovel of Corbon (aka: Teamcorbon) here on GT. He can give you the low-down on your load.

7. Cor-Bon is top notch. Their 115gr. +p jhp has been one of my top favorites for many years. I have no exp. with this particular load, but I'm sure your Glock will take it by the bushel!

8. Well fellas, its a bust, I contacted CorBon, sent them the picture and was advised by CorBon that the ammo was not manufactured by them.

Someone put reloaded ammo in the boxes and passed it off as CorBon.

Thanks for the input and buyer beware. No more buying ammo not sold at my local trusted gun shop for me.

- Lap

9. TeamCorbon

TeamCorbon

Dec 20, 2002
    Western PA
    Got this squared away. This was a custom load we manufactured for a special event in Kentucky. It was all supposed to be fired at the event and not resold since it was a donation.

I contacted Lapietra this morning and arranged to have it swapped out for our FMJ Performance Match ammunition.

10. CorBon is truly a class act. The mystery is solved. Can a moderator please lock this thread? No more discussion is necessary.

Thanks,

Lap

11. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb Lifetime Member

Sep 20, 2004
    FEMA REGION III
    Pretty interesting.

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

12. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    I have to agree with you, Lap. The fact there's a company rep on top of things here at Glock Talk speaks for itself, as well as the quick resolution/customer service.

To elaborate further on my previous comment: The one box of DPX I bought a half-dozen years ago was for a .380ACP pistol I no longer have. Yes, CorBon is pricey but the problem I had was with the "iffy" pistol, not the DPX. Had the pistol worked out I might today be a faithful CorBon customer as so many others are.